From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Canopus may refer to:
- Canopus (or Alpha Carinae), the brightest star in the southern constellation of Carina
- Canopus, Egypt, an ancient Egyptian city in the Nile Delta
- Canopus (mythology), in Homeric myth, the pilot of King Menelaus's ship
- Canopus (rocket), an Argentine sounding rocket
- Canopus Corporation, a manufacturer of video editing cards and video editing software
- HMS Canopus, two ships of the Royal Navy
- USS Canopus, a ship of the United States Navy
- Canopus (nuclear test) was the name given to the first test of the French hydrogen bomb, in 1968, with a yield of 2.8 megatons
- Canopus Lake, a lake in Clarence Fahnestock State Park in New York State, USA
- Canopus in Argos, a series of space fiction by Doris Lessing
- Canopus G-ADHL, a Short Empire flying boat
- Canopic jar, ancient Egyptian vessel for storing organs removed by mummification procedure
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Canopus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.