Canterbury railway station, Melbourne
Eastbound view from Platform 3 in May 2014
|Location||Maling Road, Canterbury|
|Distance||12.19 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||3 (1 island, 1 side)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1/2 overlap|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||1 December 1882|
For the station in Sydney with the same name, see Canterbury railway station, Sydney.
Work on the grade separation of the Canterbury Road level crossing commenced in early 1966, and was completed on 15 September 1968. The works involved the use of temporary track to keep trains running, and raising the station six metres. Services on the third track from East Camberwell were extended though the station to Box Hill in December 1971.
Platforms & services
- Lilydale line: services to Flinders Street
- Belgrave line: services to Flinders Street
- Lilydale line: services to Lilydale
- Belgrave line: services to Belgrave
- Canterbury Vicsig
- "Victorian Railways: East Camberwell to Box Hill diagram 5' 30". Signal Diagrams and Photos. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- SE Dornan & RG Henderson (1979). Electric Railways of Victoria. Australian Electric Traction Society. p. 80. ISBN 0-909459-06-1.
- Lilydale Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Belgrave Line timetable Public Transport Victoria