Detail of the structure of one of the exhibition halls in Pazhou.
|Literal meaning||China Import and Export Fair|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Literal meaning||Canton Fair|
Its full name since 2007 has been China Import and Export Fair (中国进出口商品交易会), renamed from Chinese Export Commodities Fair (中国出口商品交易会), also known as The Canton Fair (广州交易会).
The Canton Fair is the largest trade fair in China. Among China's largest trade fairs, it has the largest assortment of products, the largest attendance, and the largest number of business deals made at the fair. Like many trade fairs it has several traditions and functions as a comprehensive event of international importance.
Fifty product trading categories, being composed of thousands of China's best foreign trade corporations (enterprises), take part in the fair. These include private enterprises, factories, scientific research institutions, wholly foreign-owned enterprises, and foreign trade companies.
The fair leans to export trade, though import business is also done here. Apart from the above-mentioned, various types of business activities such as economic and technical cooperation and exchange, commodity inspection, insurance, transportation, advertising, and trade consultation are other activities that are also commonly carried out at the fair.
- First held: April 1957.
- Interval: Three phases per session; two sessions per year.
- Spring session: April 15–19 (Phase 1); April 23–27 (Phase 2); May 1–5 (Phase 3). (115th Session)
- Autumn session: October 15–19 (Phase 1); October 23–27 (Phase 2); October 31- November 4 (Phase 3).
- Phase 1: Electronics, household electrical appliances, machinery, lighting equipment, hardware and tools, vehicles and spare parts, building materials, chemical products.
- Phase 2: Consumer products,decorations goods, gifts.
- Phase 3: Textiles & garments, shoes, office supplies, cases & bags, recreation products, medicines, medical devices and health products
- China Import and Export Fair (Pazhou) Complex, 380 Yuejiangzhong Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou 510335 
- Gross exhibition space: 1,125,000 m².
- Number of booths: Over 55,800 standard stands (105th Session).
- Varieties: Over 150,000.
- Business turnover: 262.3 Million USD (105th Session).
- Number of trading countries and regions: 203 (103rd Session).
- Number of visitors: 165,436 (105th Session).
- Exhibitors: Over 22,000 (with 21,709 Chinese exhibitors, 395 international exhibitors, 105th Session).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canton Fair.|
- Chinese supplier business license verification / on-site inspections
- Canton Fair Visitor Information in Many Languages
- China Foreign Trade Centre, organizer of the Canton Fair
- The Ministry of Commerce of China, host of the Canton Fair
- The official website for China Import and Export Fair invitation
- Canton Fair Phases
- E Canton Fair