Canton South High School
|Canton South High School|
600 Faircrest Street S.E.|
Canton, Ohio 44707
|School type||Public high school|
|School board||Stark County Educational Service Center|
|School district||Canton Local Schools|
|Color(s)||Red and Gray|
|Mascot||Willie the Wildcat|
|Communities served||North Industry, Canton Township, and Pike Township|
|Website||Canton South High School|
Canton South High School is a public high school in Canton Township, Stark County, Ohio, United States. The school, typically enrolling around 800 students in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades, is the only high school in the Canton Local School District. It is a member school of the former Stark County Board of Education (now known as the Stark County Educational Service Center).
It is currently under construction; a new school was planned by early 2017.
Geography and history
Canton South High School is located at unglaciated region of the Allegheny Plateau. The school is located near North Industry, an unincorporated area once known as Slabtown (for the slabs of wood once used as sidewalks in the past, which were available from local lumber mills).. It sits just within the
- Dick Cunningham, former NBA center
- Dirk Hayhurst, former MLB player (San Diego Padres, Toronto Blue Jays)
- Howard Jolliff, former NBA player (Lakers)
- Devon Torrence, former Ohio State University Cornerback and current NFL free agent
- "Stark County Educational Service Center". Archived from the original on 2010-08-28.
- "Northeastern Buckeye Conference Schedule".
- "Canton South High School". www.cantonlocal.org. Archived from the original on 2016-01-01. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- Heald, Edward T. The Stark County Story. Canton, Ohio: Stark County Historical Society, 1949-1959. v2/p623
|This Stark County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|