|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Cantonment is a town in Escambia County, Florida. It is a suburb of Pensacola, and is located in the Pensacola metropolitan Area. Cantonment is located north of Gonzalez, and south of Molino. It is centered around Highway 29, and extends to the Perdido River to the west, and the Escambia River to the east.
Cantonment has a dedicated zip code (32533) that claims (as of the 2010 census) an estimated population of 26,493 for a land area of 76.1072 square miles (197.117 km2) and a water area of 0.1257 square miles (0.326 km2).
In 1814 Andrew Jackson camped his troops in what is now the Cantonment area. This is also how the town received its name; as a cantonment is a temporary quarter for troops. Over the years, however, the pronunciation of the town's name has changed to differ from the pronunciation of the word cantonment. Locals generally refer to the town as "can-tone-ment."
Cantonment is located in Escambia County, in the Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area, along US 29 north of Gonzalez. It is located in the Central Standard Time Zone. Its average elevation is 148 feet (45 m).
- Loucheiz Purifoy, current Canadian Football League and former National Football League cornerback
- Graham Gano, National Football League kicker
- Fred Robbins, National Football League defensive lineman
- Don Sutton, Major League Baseball Pitcher
- Jay Bell, Major League Baseball Shortstop
- Travis Fryman, Major League Baseball Shortstop, Third Base, Manager