Cantonment MRT station
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
Cantonment MRT station (CC31) is a future underground Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station on the Circle Line, situated in Bukit Merah planning area, Singapore. This station is part of Stage 6 of the Circle Line which will "close the circle" between HarbourFront MRT station and Marina Bay MRT station.
Cantonment station will be built underneath the historic Tanjong Pagar railway station which ceased operations in 2011. Once construction is completed in 2025, this station will provide MRT access to the future Greater Southern Waterfront development.
As of March 2018, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) has temporarily dismantled part of the platforms in Tanjong Pagar railway station to make way for the construction of Cantonment MRT station.
- "Joint News Release by the Land Transport Authority & Singapore Land Authority - Circle Line 6 - Becoming A Full Circle". Land Transport Authority. 29 October 2015.
- "With final 3 stations, Circle Line will come 'full circle' by 2025". Channel NewsAsia. 2015-10-29. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- hermes (2018-03-30). "Work to preserve Tanjong Pagar Railway Station on track". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
- Lam, Lydia (11 November 2017). "LTA seeks vote for names of 3 upcoming Circle Line stations". The New Paper. p. 7.
- hermesauto (2018-09-28). "Excavation for Circle Line 6 to start in middle of next year". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
|This Singapore MRT-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|