|Region||Greater Accra Region|
|District||Accra Metropolis District|
|Elevation||315 ft (96 m)|
|• Summer (DST)||GMT|
The Cantonments area was intended to become military quarters under the British Colonial government, in the Gold Coast, now Ghana.
However, it was upgraded to become a modern planned residential settlement. Most of the homes in the area have three to four bedrooms and are often occupied by the wealthy, academics or government officials.
Many diplomatic missions in the country are in the Cantonments area including the U.S. Embassy.
The Cantonments Hospital, Police Hospital and the Health care center & Clinic of Contonments are the healthcare institutions that are located in Cantonments.
The following schools are in Cantonments, Accra.
- New Horizon Special School
- National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI)
- Ghana International School
- St. Thomas Aquinas Senior High School
- Morning Star School
- Christ the King International School
- Accra Metropolitan District
- "Load shedding time-table released for other parts of Accra". Citinewsroom - Comprehensive News in Ghana. 2021-05-20. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- Wanted in Africa city guide – Cantonments area in Accra