Caofeidian (Chinese: 曹妃甸; pinyin: cáo fēi diàn) is a land reclamation-converted economic development zone in Bohai Bay located in the eponymous district of the city of Tangshan, Hebei Province, China. Although the government poured significant investment into the area and wanted to make it an "exemplary eco-city", it has since become largely a ghost town as projects in the area have struggled to repay loans.
The island is 200 km from Beijing, the island spans 60 km2 and is a 2005-listed pilot area for the development of a Recyclable/Circular Economy (Industrial ecology) in China. Huadian Power and PetroChina have some of their energy bases there. The island is expected to have a population of 300,000 by 2010.
- Caofeidian District
- Geography of China
- List of islands
- List of islands by area
- List of islands of China
- China's new development zone to takes shape near Beijing (2009-01-28)
- List of Chinese islands by area (Chinese)
- Project of Comprehensive Development and Construction of Tangshan Caofeidian Eco-City 2008-06-13 tangshan.gov.cn
- Caofeidian by Jessie Tao 2006-03-01 16:05 (chinadaily.com.cn)
- A new jewel rising from the Tangshan Bay area
|This Tangshan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|