||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||Euronext: CAP|
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
(Chairman & CEO)
|Services||IT, business consulting and outsourcing services|
|Revenue||€12.54 billion (2016)|
|€1.14 billion (2016)|
|Total assets||€16.45 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
Cap Gemini S.A. is a French multinational information technology consulting corporation headquartered in Paris, France. It provides IT services and is one of the world's largest IT consulting, outsourcing and professional services companies with almost 190,000 employees in over 40 countries. It was founded in 1967 by Serge Kampf in Grenoble, France. Paul Hermelin, the chairman and CEO of the Capgemini group has led the company since his appointment in December 2001.
Capgemini's regional operations include North and South America, Northern Europe & Asia Pacific and Central & Southern Europe. Services are delivered through four disciplines; Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and Local Professional Services. The latter is delivered through Sogeti, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Capgemini was founded by Serge Kampf in 1967 as an enterprise management and data processing company. The company was inaugurated as the Société pour la Gestion de l'Entreprise et le Traitement de l'Information (Sogeti).
- In 1973 Sogeti acquired a majority stake in its major European IT services competitor, CAP (Centre d'Analyse et de programmation).
- In 1974 Sogeti acquired Gemini Computers Systems, a US company based in New York.
- In 1975, having made two major acquisitions of CAP and Gemini Computer Systems, and following resolution of a dispute with the similarly-named CAP UK over the international use of the name 'CAP', Sogeti renamed itself as CAP Gemini Sogeti.
- In 1981, Cap Gemini Sogeti launched US operations following the acquisition of Milwaukee-based DASD Corporation, specializing in data conversion and employing 500 people in 20 branches throughout the US. Following this acquisition, The U.S. Operation was known as Cap Gemini DASD.
- In 1986, Cap Gemini Sogeti acquired the consulting division of US-based CGA Computer to create Cap Gemini America.
- In 1991, Gemini Consulting was formed through the integration of two management consulting firms (United Research and The MAC group)
- In 1995, the Center for Business Innovation at Cap Gemini was transformed from an institutional university model to a networked research capability under the leadership of its Director Christopher Meyer (author)
- In 1996, the name was simplified to Cap Gemini with a new group logo. All operating companies worldwide were re-branded to operate as Cap Gemini.
- In 2000, Cap Gemini acquired Ernst & Young Consulting. It simultaneously integrated Gemini Consulting to form Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- In 2002, Cap Gemini re-launched its Sogeti brand, creating a new legal entity bearing the original name of the company, headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. The new company is focused on delivering IT services to a more limited range of markets.
- In 2003, the firm acquired Transiciel and merged the two practices into Sogeti-Transiciel (later consolidated within Sogeti in 2006).
- In April 2004, the Group reverted to Capgemini (its current name).
- In the summer of 2005, due to heavy financial losses, Capgemini sold its North American healthcare consulting practice, including both payer and provider practices, to Accenture but retains its life sciences practice.
- In August 2006, Capgemini acquired Future Engineering.
- In September 2006, Capgemini acquired a 51% shareholding in Unilever India Shared Services Limited (Indigo), a provider of financial shared services and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services to the global Unilever Group. Indigo has operating centres in Bangalore and Chennai and employs approximately 600 staff.
- In October 2006, Capgemini agreed to acquire Kanbay International for US$1.2 billion in cash ($29 per share). The acquisition increased Capgemini's India staff to 12,000+(which is grown to 26,000+ in mere 4 years of time) employees. The current India employee strength on 23 October 2012 is 40,000 The acquisition was completed on 8 February 2007.
- On 8 February 2007, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Software Architects, a US-based consulting company, to expand its US business.
- On 25 July 2008, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Getronics PinkRoccade Business Applications Services BV of the Netherlands. The acquisition amounted to an equity value of €255 million paid in cash.
- In October 2008, Capgemini acquires UK Test specialist Vizuri.
- In November 2008, Capgemini acquires Empire and Sophia Solutions to reinforce its presence in Eastern Europe.
- In September 2009, Capgemini Australia acquires Nu Solutions; bolsters software testing expertise.
- In February 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of IBX.
- In June 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions, a small company specializing in the capital markets.
- In June 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Plaisir Informatique, a French company specializing in complex data migrations in the banking and insurance sector.
- In September 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of CPM Braxis, the largest Brazilian IT consultant company.
- In November 2010, Capgemini announced that it has acquired the India-based IT services company, Thesys Technologies Private Limited ("Thesys"), a Temenos-Certified Services Partner that provides banking implementation solutions to the global financial services industry.
- In December 2010, Capgemini Acquires German IT-Services Provider CS Consulting GmbH.
- In February 2011, Cheshire Police Authority signed a framework agreement with Capgemini for IT services to support back-office policing activities. The framework would include technology to enable shared services. It is expected to generate savings of £40 million for Cheshire Constabulary over ten years.
- In February 2011, Capgemini got a $63 million three-year contract to provide support to smart meters for Canada’s utility BC Hydro in British Columbia.
- In March 2011, Capgemini secured a £100 million contract with BAA to takeover its ‘core IT services.’
- In April 2011, Capgemini acquired two French companies, Artesys, a provider of IT infrastructure offering, and Avantias, a provider of enterprise content management to businesses.
- In June 2011, Capgemini finalized its acquisition of Prosodie, the multi-channel services operator.
- In June 2011, Capgemini completed its first acquisition in China, Praxis Technology, a utility industry specialist.
- In July 2011, Capgemini acquired the Italian IT services provider AIVE Group.
- In May 2014, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Irving, Texas-based Strategic Systems & Products Corp. (SSP), a provider of solutions for the upstream oil and gas industry.
- In April 2015, Capgemini announced the acquisition of IGATE, a New Jersey-based provider of integrated technology and operations-based solutions. The combined group was reported to have over 190,000 employees.
- In Feb 2016, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Fahrenheit 212, a strategy and design firm. This transaction will augment the capabilities of the Group’s global strategy and transformation consulting organization, Capgemini Consulting, to provide new innovation, business transformation and digital customer experience solutions. 
The Capgemini Group Executive Committee consists of 18 members. Paul Hermelin serves as the Group Chairman and CEO. He joined Capgemini in 1993 and was appointed as its CEO in 2002. In May 2012, Hermelin became chairman and CEO of the Capgemini Group. He succeeded Serge Kampf, who served as the Vice Chairman of the Board until his death on March 15, 2016.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- In February 1973, the company acquired Sesi, a data input and processing company, and creation of Sorinfor (Eurinfor+Soref) to manage IT at the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Hoskyns Group plc|Hoskyns in the UK (1990)
- Volmac in the Netherlands (1992), developers of Cap Gemini SDM
- Programator in Scandinavia (1992)
- Gruber Titze and Partners in Europe (1993)
- Bossard in Europe (1997)
- Transiciel (2003)
- Indigo (2006)
- Future Engineering in Germany (2006)
- Plecto AG in Germany (2006)
- Kanbay International (2006)
- Software Architects (2007)
- Maxeda IT Services in the Netherlands (2008)
- Getronics PinkRoccade Business Applications Services BV (2008), developers of Business Information Services Library
- Vizuri Ltd (2008)
- Empire in Czech Republic (2009)
- Nu Solutions in Australia (2009)
- IBX in Sweden (2010)
- Strategic Systems Solutions Ltd in the UK (2010),KSAak
- CPM Braxis [Brazil] (2010)
- Thesys Technologies (India) (2010)
- CS Consulting GmbH (2010)
- AIVE Group in Italy (2011)
- Minneapolis-based BI Consulting Group (BICG)(2011)
- Vengroff Williams & Associates (2011)
- DTWO Solutions (2012) Japan based software and IT Staffing company
- Strategic Systems & Products Corp. (SSP)(2014)
- IGATE (2015)
Capgemini operates in 40 countries with centers of excellence at various locations. The Centers of Excellence speed up delivery whilst ensuring optimal costs and quality. They are meant to cut across and bring together the different capabilities of businesses and sectors they serve.
|Application Lifecycle Services||Application Outsourcing Services||Capgemini's Business Process Management Solutions||Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)|
|Cloud Services||Consulting Services||Cybersecurity||Digital Customer Experience|
|Finance & Accounting||Global Engineering Services||Green IT||Infrastructure Services|
|Insights & Data||Local Professional Services||Mobile Solutions||Procurement|
|Ready2Series||Service Integration||Service Management||Social Business|
|Supply Chain Management||Testing Services||Workforce Management|
- Capgemini won the SAP North America Partner Excellence Award 2015 for SAP Platform Solutions.
- Capgemini was named as a 2014 World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute for the 2nd Year.
- Capgemini was named a leader among Global SAP services providers by Forrester.
- Capgemini was positioned as a leader in Global F&A BPO Magic Quadrant by Gartner.
- Capgemini was positioned as a Leader in Software Testing Services by NelsonHall.
- Capgemini Group was positioned in the “Leaders” Quadrant in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services 2014.
- Capgemini was named a 'Leader’ amongst Global Infrastructure Outsourcing Providers in an independent report by Forrester Research, Inc.
- Capgemini was positioned in “Leaders” Quadrant in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for SAP Application Management Service Providers, Worldwide.
- Capgemini was positioned in “Leaders” Quadrant in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for SAP Implementation Service Providers, Worldwide.
- Capgemini Consulting has been recognized by Source1 for the consistently high quality of its thought leadership content.
World Wealth Report
Merrill Lynch, Cap Gemini and Ernst & Young worked together since c. 1993 investigating the "needs of high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs are individuals with more than $1 million in financial assets)" in order to "successfully serve this market segment." Their 2003 report was their seventh.
- 1998 World Wealth Report
- 2003 World Wealth Report
- 2007 World Wealth Report
- 2009 World Wealth Report
- 2013 World Wealth Report The 2013 World Wealth Report was jointly produced by Capgemini and RBC Wealth Management and included, for the first time, the Global HNW Insights Survey produced in collaboration with Scorpio Partnership.
Sogeti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capgemini Group. It is an information technology consulting company specializing in local professional services. Sogeti developed the Test Management Approach
- "Cap Gemini SA, CAP:PAR financials - FT.com". Capgemini.
- "Company Profile & Key Figures". Capgemini.
- "Cap Gemini (School of Computer Science - The University of Manchester)". Cs.manchester.ac.uk. 2010-07-06. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- "Company Profile & Key Figures". Capgemini.com. 2014-11-04. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- Introduction to Capgemini | Capgemini Worldwide
- About Capgemini
- Historic Overview | Our History | Capgemini Worldwide
- Free Trademark Search | Protect Business Name | Incorporate Your Business | Trademarkia
- Capgemini Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary
- Frey, Chuck. "Further details on the fate of the Center for Business Innovation" Archived 4 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine., Innovation Weblog, 6 March 2003. Retrieved on 2011-03-07.
- Center for Business Innovation. "CBI Journal 5: Connected Economy", LeaderValues, May 2000. Retrieved on 2011-03-09.
- International Business Capgemini to Acquire Ernst Young Consulting Business
- Capgemini Group 's annual report 2004 - Group presentation
- Accenture Completes Acquisition of Capgemini’s North American Health Practice
- Cap Gemini Purchases Future Engineering to Expand in Germany
- Capgemini acquired a 51% shareholding
- Capgemini to acquire Kanbay International
- Capgemini Group acquires Software Architects and expands US operations
- Through the acquisition of Getronics PinkRoccade Business Application Services BV, a leading player in the Dutch IT services market for the public sector, Capgemini extends it...
- Capgemini bags UK test specialist Vizuri
- Capgemini to Acquire Empire and Sophia Solutions to Reinforce Its Presence in Eastern Europe
- "Capgemini Australia Acquires Nu Solutions; Bolsters Software Testing Expertise", capgemini.com (17 September 2009).
- "Capgemini Launches Innovative On-Demand, Procurement-as-a-Service Solution through Acquisition of IBX", capgemini.com (2 February 2010)
- "Capgemini Completes Acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions | News | Capgemini Worldwide". Capgemini.com. 2010-06-16. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- "Capgemini Financial Acquires Plaisir Informatique". InfoGrok. 2010-06-02. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- Capgemini Acquires a 55% Stake in CPM Braxis, the Leading Brazilian IT Services Player | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Acquires Thesys Technologies | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Acquires German IT-Services Provider CS Consulting GmbH | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- "Cheshire Police saves £40m with Capgemini framework agreement - 2/1/2011 - Computer Weekly". computerweekly.com. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Capgemini pens $63m PM contract". itweb.co.za. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Capgemini wins £100 million BAA contract - including passenger tracking - Quids in again | TechEye". news.techeye.net. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- Capgemini Makes 2 Acquisitions in France in High Growth Markets | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Finalizes Prosodie Acquisition | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Completes its First Acquisition in China: Praxis Technology | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini acquires 100% of Italian IT services provider AIVE Group | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- "Capgemini Signs for Acquisition of a Leading Upstream Oil and Gas Industry Provider, SSP". Capgemini.
- "Capgemini Buys IGATE for $4 Billion". WSJ.com. 2015-04-27. Retrieved 2015-04-28.
- "Capgemini acquires Fahrenheit 212". 2016-02-18.
- Capgemini Acquires IBX
- "Capgemini acquires 100% of Italian IT services provider AIVE Group".
- "Capgemini Acquires U.S.-Based BI Consulting Group".
- Capgemini enhances its leadership in Finance & Accounting BPO through the acquisition of Vengroff, Williams & Associates, Inc. Order to Cash business
- Capgemini Acquires DTWO Solutions to Expand Professional Services Capabilities in Japan
- Capgemini to Acquire IGATE
- SuccessFactors Partners with Capgemini Consulting to Provide Complete Business Execution Solution
- 2003 World Wealth Report (PDF) (Report). Capgemini. 2003. Archived from the original on 2 January 2010. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- 1998 World Wealth Report (PDF) (Report). Capgemini. 1998. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Capgemini 2007 World Wealth Report" (PDF). Capgemini. 2006-06-12. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
World Wealth Grows to $33.3 trillion Says Merrill Lynch
- 2009 World Wealth Report (Report). Thought Leadership. Capgemini. 2009.
- 2013 World Wealth Report (PDF) (Report). Capgemini. 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "defence.professionals". defpro.com. Retrieved 2010-07-22.