This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Saint Hospitius lived here as a recluse during the sixth century. Thus, the cape is sometimes called Cap-Saint-Hospice or Cap-Saint-Sospis.
Once the domain of King Leopold II of Belgium, Cap Ferrat is now graced with a number of magnificent villas.
Notable properties on Cap Ferrat include the Villa La Mauresque (originally built in 1906 for King Leopold II's father-confessor), bought by the English novelist W. Somerset Maugham in 1928, who lived there before and after World War II and until his death in 1965. The Villa Maryland was owned by the co-founder of Microsoft, Paul Allen.
The English songwriter and playwright Noël Coward referenced the Cap in his song "I Went to a Marvellous Party" from his 1939 revue Set to Music, with the lyric: "Quite for no reason/I'm here for the season/And high as a kite,/Living in error/With Maud at Cap Ferrat/Which couldn't be right..."
Cap Ferrat was named in 2012 as the second most expensive residential location in the world after Monaco.
- Samuel J. Rogal (1 January 1997). A William Somerset Maugham Encyclopedia. Greenwood Publishing Group. pp. 175–. ISBN 978-0-313-29916-2.
- William Boyd (13 September 2009). "The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham by Selina Hastings". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- William Booth (16 May 2008). "Cannes, Sweet and Sour". The Washington Post. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Luke Harding (27 March 2007). "Oligarch buys up French hotels". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Bob Gavron (9 September 2001). "Publishing king who gave fine books the common touch". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Karen McVeigh (22 July 2010). "Boris Berezovsky's second wife wins record £100m divorce settlement". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Philip Hoare (21 May 2013). Noel Coward: A Biography of Noel Coward. Simon and Schuster. pp. 316–. ISBN 978-1-4767-3749-2.
- London and New York 'to remain world's top cities'
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Presqu'île du Cap-Ferrat.|