A capability is the ability to execute a specified course of action or to achieve certain outcomes.
As it applies to human capital, capability represents performing or achieving certain actions/outcomes in terms of the intersection of capacity and ability.
Capability may also refer to:
- Capability (systems engineering), the ability to execute a specified course of action
- Capability management, integrative management function in the defense sector
- Capability-based addressing, scheme used by some computers to control access to memory
- Capability-based security, concept in the design of secure computing systems
- Capability Maturity Model, a development model
- Capability Maturity Model Integration, a process improvement training and appraisal program
- Dynamic capabilities, theory in organizational sciences
- Capability management in business, capacity, materials, and expertise an organization needs in order to perform core functions
- Capability approach, theory in welfare economics