Cape Coast Metropolitan District
|• Metropolitan Chief Executive||Anthony Egyir Aikins|
|Time zone||UTC+0 (GMT)|
|ISO 3166 code||GH-CP-CC|
Cape Coast Metropolitan Assembly is one of the twenty-two districts in Central Region, Ghana. Originally created as a municipal district assembly in 1988 when it was known as Cape Coast Municipal District, which was created from the Cape Coast Municipal Council; until it was later elevated to metropolitan district assembly status on 29 February 2008 to become Cape Coast Metropolitan District. The municipality is located in the southwest part of Central Region and has Cape Coast as its capital town; which is also the regional capital of the Central Region.
Cape Coast Metropolitan Assembly is bordered by the Gulf of Guinea to the south, Komenda/Edina/Eguafo/Abirem Municipal District to the west, Abura/Asebu/Kwamankese District to the east and Twifo/Heman/Lower Denkyira District to the north.
List of settlements
|Settlements of Cape Coast Metropolitan Assembly|
- Ghana: Administrative Division
- Districts: Cape Coast Metropolitan Assembly Archived March 23, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Cape Coast Metropolitan Assembly District Archived February 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Yarboi-Tetteh, David O. (31 October 2019). "Ghana: Floods Cause Havoc in 8 Districts in Central Region ... Ucc Suspends Lectures". allAfrica. Retrieved 26 May 2022.
- "Central Region » Cape Coast Municipal". Ministry of Local Government, Rural Dev. & Environment & Maks Publications & Media Services. Archived from the original on 2007-03-01. Retrieved 2007-04-17.