Cape Codder (cocktail)
|Primary alcohol by volume|
|Served||On the rocks; poured over ice|
|Standard drinkware||Highball glass|
|Commonly used ingredients|
|Preparation||Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.|
A Cape Cod is made with vodka and cranberry juice, and may be garnished with a lime wedge. Proportions vary, with sources giving a recommended vodka-to-juice ratio of 1/4, 1/3.7, 1/2 and 1/1.5, while other sources do not recommend precise proportions. Some sources recommend lime juice instead of a lime wedge garnish.
The Cape Cod is related to a number of other cocktails such as the Sea Breeze (which adds grapefruit juice), the Bay Breeze (which adds pineapple juice), Screwdriver (which adds orange juice), Sex on the Beach (which adds orange juice and schnapps), the Cosmopolitan, which adds triple sec and lime juice, and Rose Kennedy Cocktail which includes club soda.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cape Codder (cocktail).|
- "Cape Codder drink recipe". idrink.com. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Cape Codder - Put 3 or 4 ice cubes in a highball glass, and add l l/2 ounces vodka and 6 ounces cranberry juice cocktail" (House & Garden, volume 139 (1971))
- "The Cape Codder". Food Network. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Cape Codder". Martha Stewart website. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Cape Codder Recipe". DrinkSwap. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- Colleen Graham. "Cape Codder". about.com. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Cape Codder". Esquire. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Cape Cod". Drink of the Week. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Cape Codder recipe". Drinks Mixer. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "With cranberry juice he adds vodka and a dash of fresh lime and comes up with a "Red Devil Cocktail."" (Ocean Spray's Cranberry Cooperative News: Volumes 6-10 by Cranberry Canners, Inc., 1945)
- "Let the jolly innkeeper refresh you (and your lady) with America's newest cocktail creation— The Cape Codder." (The New Yorker, 1965)
|This mixed drink–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|