Cape May County Technical High School
|Cape May County Technical High School|
|188 Crest Haven Road
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cape May County Technical School District|
|Asst. principals||John Longinetti
|Enrollment||599 (as of 2014-15)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.6:1|
|Athletics conference||Cape-Atlantic League|
Cape May County Technical High School, located in the Cape May Court House section of Middle Township, which provides vocational and technical education to students in ninth through twelfth grades from Cape May County, New Jersey, United States, operating as part of the Cape May County Technical School District.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 599 students and 62.4 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 9.6:1. There were 106 students (17.7% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 41 (6.8% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
Schooldigger.com ranked the school 126th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (a decrease of 39 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the mathematics (81.6%) and language arts literacy (98.6%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
The Cape May Technical High School Hawks compete in the National Division of the Cape-Atlantic League, an athletic conference that operates under the aegis of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) and which consists of both parochial and public high schools located in Atlantic County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, and Gloucester County. With 478 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as South Jersey, Group I for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 78 to 478 students in that grade range.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- Steven Vitiello, Principal
- John Longinetti, Assistant Principal
- Charles Powell, Assistant Principal
- School data for Cape May County Technical High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Cape May County Technical High School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed December 12, 2015.
- New Jersey High School Rankings: 11th Grade HSPA Language Arts Literacy & HSPA Math 2010-2011, Schooldigger.com. Accessed March 4, 2012.
- League Memberships – 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed December 12, 2015.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Student Handbook, Cape May Technical High School. Accessed November 15, 2016.
- Cape May County Technical High School
- Cape May County Technical School District
- Cape May County Technical School District's 2014–15 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Cape May County Technical School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- South Jersey Sports: Cape May Tech HS