Cape Town International Convention Centre
|Cape Town International Convention Centre|
The main entrance to the CTICC
|Town or city||Cape Town|
The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) is a convention centre in Cape Town, South Africa. The centre opened in June 2003. It is run as a partnership between the City of Cape Town and the Western Cape government.
The centre takes up approximately 6.1 ha (15 acres) on the city’s Foreshore and is within easy reach of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, major hotels and the rest of the city centre. The CTICC is served by the Westin Grand Hotel located on the same premises in the north-western corner, and is situated close to the city centre.
The convention centre has exhibition and trade show space of approximately 11,200 m2 (121,000 sq ft) that can be divided into multiple conference or banquet venues; a Grand Ballroom, which can be divided by soundproof partitioning. Catering is offered at the premises.The centre has two auditoriums, one seating up to 1500 and the other up to 620.
It hosted the Final Draw of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa on 4 December 2009. Guests in attendance included Nobel peace prize winners, FW De Klerk and Desmond Tutu. The event was opened by President of South Africa, Jacob Zuma and President of FIFA, Sepp Blatter.
In 2013 the centre hosted 537 events, an increase from 514 in 2012. In 2014, it was estimated that the CTICC has contributed over R22 billion to the country's GDP and over R7 billion to the Western Cape's economy in the past 11 years.
Due to the success of the CTICC it was expanded in 2010. A second round of expansion work is due to begin in February 2015 and is expected to be completed during 2017. The expansion is planned to add 10 000m² of floor space to the centre. 
In August 2014, it was reported that the African National Congress had amassed a R1.3 million account with the CTICC since 2011. Executive director of auxiliary affairs, Gerard Ras, said that the ANC should not be allowed to use the facilities until the account is settled.
- Mbeki, Thabo. "Address at The Official Opening of The Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town, 28 June 2003". South African History Online. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "CTICC expansion construction underway". Future Cape Town. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Venues". Cape Town International Convention Centre. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Final Draw FIFA 2010 Soccer World Cup". Cape Town Magazine. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Premier Helen Zille to attend CTICC sod turning". South African Government Online. 21 July 2014. Archived from the original on 10 September 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Lewis, Anél (18 August 2014). "Bar ANC from CTICC". IOL News. Retrieved 10 September 2014.