|Alma mater||University of Florida|
|Known for||Software project estimation|
|Institutions||IBM, ITT, Software Productivity Research, Namcook Analytics|
He was born in St Petersburg, Florida, United States and graduated from the University of Florida, having majored in English. He later became the President and CEO of Capers Jones & Associates and latterly Chief Scientist Emeritus of Software Productivity Research (SPR).
In 2011, he co-founded Namcook Analytics LLC, where he is Vice President and Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
He formed his own business in 1984, Software Productivity Research, after holding positions at IBM and ITT. After retiring from Software Productivity Research in 2000, he remains active as an independent management consultant.
- Programming Productivity, Capers Jones, Mcgraw-Hill, 1986. ISBN 978-0-07-032811-2.
- Software Assessments, Benchmarks and Best Practices, Capers Jones, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2000. ISBN 978-0-201-48542-4.
- Estimating Software Costs 2nd Edition, Capers Jones, McGraw-Hill, 2007. ISBN 978-0-07-148300-1.
- Software Engineering Best Practices : lessons from successful projects in the top companies, Capers Jones, McGraw-Hill, 2010, ISBN 978-0-07-162161-8.
- The Economics of Software Quality, Capers Jones, Olivier Bonsignour and Jitendra Subramanyam, Addison-Wesley Longman, 2011. ISBN 978-0-13-258220-9.
- The Technical and Social History of Software Engineering, Capers Jones, Addison-Wesley, 2014. ISBN 978-0-321-90342-6.
- "T. Capers Jones (BA, 1961)". University of Florida, USA. Fall 2009. Archived from the original on April 4, 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Software Productivity Research
- Capers Jones bio at Namcook Analytics Archived March 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- Kelly Kimberland (August 19, 2009). "Carnegie Mellon SEI and OMG Announce the Launch of CISQ—The Consortium for IT Software Quality (www.it-cisq.org)". Retrieved December 10, 2018.