|Alma mater||University of Florida|
|Known for||Software project estimation|
|Institutions||IBM, ITT, Software Productivity Research, Namcook Analytics|
Jones was born in St Petersburg, Florida, United States and graduated from the University of Florida. Jones became the President and CEO of Capers Jones & Associates and latterly Chief Scientist Emeritus of Software Productivity Research (SPR). In 2011, Capers Jones co-founded Namcook Analytics LLC, where he is Vice President and Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Jones collects data on software quality, software risks, and software best practices. His many computer science publications have been widely used by many organizations and educators. He formed his own business in 1984, Software Productivity Research, after holding positions at IBM and ITT. After retiring from Software Productivity Research in 2000, he remains active as an independent management consultant. He has often worked as an expert witness in software breach of contract litigation and also in tax cases where software assets are part of the case.
Mr. Jones is a Distinguished Advisor to the Consortium for IT Software Quality (CISQ). CISQ brings together industry executives from Global 2000 IT organizations, system integrators, outsourcers, and package vendors to jointly address the challenge of standardizing the measurement of IT software quality and to promote a market-based ecosystem to support its deployment.
"High-quality software is not expensive. High-quality software is faster and cheaper to build and maintain than low-quality software, from initial development all the way through total cost of ownership."
- Programming Productivity, Capers Jones, Mcgraw-Hill, 1986. ISBN 978-0-07-032811-2.
- Software Assessments, Benchmarks and Best Practices, Capers Jones, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2000. ISBN 978-0-201-48542-4.
- Estimating Software Costs 2nd Edition, Capers Jones, McGraw-Hill, 2007. ISBN 978-0-07-148300-1.
- Software Engineering Best Practices : lessons from successful projects in the top companies, Capers Jones, McGraw-Hill, 2010, ISBN 978-0-07-162161-8.
- The Economics of Software Quality, Capers Jones, Olivier Bonsignour and Jitendra Subramanyam, Addison-Wesley Longman, 2011. ISBN 978-0-13-258220-9.
- The Technical and Social History of Software Engineering, Capers Jones, Addison-Wesleym 2014. ISBN 978-0-321-90342-6.
- "T. Capers Jones (BA, 1961)". University of Florida, USA. Fall 2009. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Software Productivity Research
- Capers Jones bio at Namcook Analytics Archived March 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jones, Caper, Bonsignour, Olivier, and Jitendra Subramanyam, Jitendra, The Economics of Software Quality, Addison-Wesley Longman, 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|