Capital (German magazine)
|Circulation||139,342 (4th quarter of 2014)|
|Publisher||Gruner + Jahr|
|Company||Gruner + Jahr|
History and profile
Capital was established in 1956. The magazine is published monthly by Gruner + Jahr. It appears on the first Thursday of each month. However, at the beginning of the 2000s it was published on a biweekly basis. Steffen Klusmann is the editor-in-chief of the magazine which has its headquarters in Hamburg.
Since 1970 the magazine has published annually, Kunstkompass (Art Compass), a hierarchy of mainstream artists and their ranking within the art market and mainstream art world. Art Compass has been an accurate indicator of art market and mainstream gallery success over that period, despite the open but imprecise and contingent factors that are used to create the mathematics within the league-table.
- Tristam Carrington-Windo; Katrin Kohl (11 April 2013). Dictionary of Contemporary Germany. Taylor & Francis. p. 92. ISBN 978-1-136-59537-0. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "World Magazine Trends 2010/2011" (PDF). FIPP. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Capital profile". G+J. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "Top 50 Finance/Business/News magazines worldwide (by circulation)" (Report). Magazine Organization. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Germany. Capital". Business Press Organization. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- Oskar Bätschmann (1997). The Artist in the Modern World: The Conflict between Market and Self-Expression. Yale University Press and DuMont Buchverlag. ISBN 9780300073232.