From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Capital (disambiguation))
Not to be confused with Capitol.
|Look up capital in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Capital|
Capital may refer to:
- Capital city, the area of a country, province, region, or state, regarded as enjoying primary status, usually but not always the seat of the government
- Capital letter, an upper-case letter in a writing system
- Capital punishment, the death sentence
- Capital (architecture), the crowning member of a column or a pilaster
- Capital (fortification), a proportion of a bastion
Colleges, seminaries, and universities
- Capital Bible Seminary, the seminary component of Washington Bible College with its main campus in Lanham, Maryland
- Capital Community College, a community college in Hartford, Connecticut
- Capital University, a four-year private university in Columbus, Ohio
- Capitol College, a private, non-profit, and non-sectarian college located just south of Laurel, Maryland
- Penn State Harrisburg, also called: The Capital College, an undergraduate college and graduate school of the Pennsylvania State University, in Middletown, Pennsylvania
Forms of capital
See also: Category:Capital_(economics).
- Capital (economics), a factor of production that is not wanted for itself but for its ability to help in producing other goods
- Capital requirement or "bank capital", the requirement that banks keep certain monetary reserves
- Cultural capital, the advantage individuals can gain from mastering the cultural tastes of a privileged group
- Financial capital, any form of wealth capable of being employed in the production of more wealth
- Human capital, workers' skills and abilities as regards their contribution to an economy
- Infrastructural capital, means of production other than natural capital
- Intellectual capital, intangible assets, for example, knowledge, resource know-how and processes
- Natural capital, the resources of an ecosystem that yields a flow of goods and services into the future
- Physical capital, any non-human asset made by humans and then used in production
- Political capital, means by which a politician or political party may gain support or popularity
- Positive psychological capital, the value of an individual's level of optimism, hope, resilience, self-efficacy
- Social capital, the value of social networks to individuals embedded in them
- Symbolic capital, it can be language and/or images that circulate as power. Or, symbolic capital is one of the four types of capital in Pierre Bourdieu's theory; it can be a type of capital that is strongly correlated to social capital, and it comes into existence once it is perceived and recognized as legitimate.
- Working capital, short term capital needed by the company to finance its operations
- Capital (film), 2012 French drama film
- Capital (novel), a novel by John Lanchester
- Capital: Critique of Political Economy, a work by political economist Karl Marx
- Capital (French magazine), a French-language magazine
- Capital (German magazine), a German-language magazine
- Capital (newspaper), a Bulgarian business-oriented weekly newspaper
- Capital (Romanian newspaper), a Romanian business-oriented weekly newspaper
- Capital (Ukrainian newspaper), a Ukrainian weekly newspaper
- Kapital (newspaper), a Macedonian weekly newspaper
- Capital, online newszine published in Albany, New York, United States
- Capital Ethiopia, also known as: Capital, an Ethiopian business-oriented weekly English-language newspaper
- Capital in the Twenty-First Century a book by French economist Thomas Piketty
- Capital New York, an online news site owned by Politico
- The Capital, a daily newspaper based in Annapolis, Maryland, United States
- Capital Radio (disambiguation), various radio stations named Capital
- Capital (radio network), a network of nine Independent Local Radio stations in the United Kingdom
- Capital, an Iranian TV Series
- Capital, a three part BBC television adaptation of John Lanchester's novel of the same name.
- Canberra Capitals, an Australian women's basketball team
- Capital Clube de Futebol, a Brazilian football (soccer) club
- Edinburgh Capitals, a Scottish ice-hockey team
- Edmonton Capitals, a baseball team
- Vienna Capitals, an Austrian ice-hockey team
- Washington Capitals, a National Hockey League team (USA)
Transportation and vessels
- Capital Airlines (UK), was an airline based in the United Kingdom and self-proclaimed "Yorkshire International Airlines"
- Capital ship, a classification of a naval vessel
- All pages beginning with "Capital"
- All pages with titles containing Capital
- Capitalization (disambiguation)
- List of national capitals
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Capital.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.