Capital Fringe Festival
The festival has grown in audience size, number of shows produced and in length over its three years. The July 2008 festival sold 21,500 tickets (up from 18,983 in 2006), lasted eighteen days (up from ten in 2006) and added 30% more featured artists from the 2007 festival. The 2008 festival also saw the debut of the "Pick of the Fringe" audience awards.
The festival has been awarded the D.C. Mayor's Arts Award for Innovation in the Arts in 2007 by Adrian Fenty. The festival also received the Momentum Award from the Downtown DC Business Improvement District.
- Official website
- Something for Everyone: Solo Works, Dance Pieces, Cabaret, Plays and More Populate First D.C. Fringe Fest (Playbill)
- DC's Capital Fringe to Welcome My Friend Hitler, Carrie Potter and the Half Blood Prom, Feminazi and More (Playbill)
- From Bee Man to Wiener Sausage, Capital Fringe Fest Begins July 10 in DC (Playbill)
- Fringe and Purge (Washington City Paper)
- The Washington Festival With the Fringe on Top (Washington Post)
- Washington Post Guide to the 2008 Capital Fringe Festival
|This Washington, D.C. related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a theatre festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|