Capital Markets Authority of Uganda
The CMA approves the offers of all securities to the public and licenses market professionals like broker-dealers, investment advisers, and fund managers. It licenses stock exchanges but has so far issued a licence only to the Uganda Securities Exchange. Its overall objectives are market regulation and investor protection.
- The development of all aspects of the capital markets with particular emphasis on the removal of impediments to, and the creation of incentives, for longer term investments in productive enterprises.
- The creation, maintenance, and regulation, through implementation of a system in which market participants are self-regulatory to the maximum practicable extent, of a market in which securities can be issued and traded in an orderly, fair, and efficient manner.
- The protection of investor interests.
- The operation of an Investor Compensation Fund.
- The licensing of brokers and other financial industry professionals.
- Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (Uganda)
- Uganda Investment Authority
- Economy of Uganda
- CMA (2014). "Capital Markets Authority Team". Capital Markets Authority (CMA). Archived from the original on 5 June 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Ligami, Christabel (6 November 2013). "CMA Uganda Appoints New Chief Executive Officer". The EastAfrican. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Kulabako, Faridah (7 November 2013). "Kalyegira Is New Capital Markets Chief Executive". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Oketch, Martin Luther (31 December 2011). "Harsh Economy Hurts Capital Markets". Daily Monitor Mobile. Retrieved 6 July 2014.