|Private Family Owned|
Chairman & CEO
Patience Aryaija Kakuru
Human Resource Manager
|Total assets||US$2 million (UGX:5 billion) (2014)|
Number of employees
The Head Office of Capital Shoppers is located along Dastur Street, Kampala Central Division, in the city's central business district, adjacent to Nakasero Farmers' Market. The coordinates of Capital Shoppers Headquarters are:0°18'40.5"N, 32°34'45.0"E (Latitude:0.311250; Longitude:32.579167).
The supermarket chain owns and operates four supermarkets in Uganda; all located in Kampala, the capital of Uganda, the third-largest economy in the East African Community. Capital Shoppers is the largest locally owned supermarket chain in the country. Founded in 1997, the family-owned store chain has a customer-royalty program that offers 4% rebate on purchases, the highest in the industry in Uganda.
As of August 2014[update] the supermarket chain maintains branches at the following locations: (a) Central Kampala: Dastur Street, Nakasero Hill, Kampala (b) Nakawa Branch: Port Bell Road, Nakawa, Kampala (c) Ntinda Branch: Capital Shoppers Mall, Ntinda Road, Ntinda, Kampala and (d) Garden City Branch: Garden City Mall, Kampala.
- Rwothungeyo, Billy (28 June 2014). "Capital Shoppers' unstoppable growth". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- Google (12 March 2018). "Location of the Headquarters of Capital Shoppers Limited" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- Talemwa, Moses (18 June 2008). "Battle of The Supermarkets". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Businge, Julius (13 July 2014). "Local Supermarkets Vie for Market Share". The Independent (Uganda). Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Newz.ug (1 November 2016). "Mega standard, Capital shoppers in expansion drive as Nakumatt struggles on". Kampala: Newz.ug. Retrieved 12 March 2018.