Capital of Texas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Monclova, first provincial capital of Texas, 1686, and again in 1833
- Los Adaes (modern day Robeline, Louisiana), 1721 to 1772
- San Antonio, 1772 to 1824
- San Felipe de Austin, now the San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site, headquarters of the Colony of Texas
Republic of Texas
- Washington-on-the-Brazos, Texas, March 1, 1836 to March 17, 1836
- Harrisburg, Texas, March 21 to April 1836
- Velasco, Texas, April 1836 to September 1836
- Columbia, Texas, October 1836, first capital of the elected government of the Republic of Texas
- Houston, Texas, 1837 to 1839
- Austin, Texas, designated in 1839
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Capital of Texas.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.