Capital punishment in Cambodia
- "All people have the right to life, freedom and personal security. There shall be no capital punishment."
In 2019, Prime Minister Hun Sen said that he was considering introducing the death penalty for people who rape children, but he said it would only happen after a nationwide referendum. A couple days after this announcement, Hun Sen shifted his stance.
- "HANDS OFF CAIN against death penalty in the world".
- Sheehan, James; Lermet, Olivier. "Death penalty has no place, National, Phnom Penh Post". www.phnompenhpost.com.
- "ASEAN countries step back on the path towards abolition". World Coalition Against the Death Penalty.
- Staff, Post. "Why capital punishment is a bad idea for Cambodia, National, Phnom Penh Post". www.phnompenhpost.com.
- Chheng, Niem. "PM mulling referendum over death penalty for 'beasts' who rape children, National, Phnom Penh Post". www.phnompenhpost.com.
- "Hun Sen wants death sentence for child rapists". March 10, 2019.
- "Cambodia leader Hun Sen considers death sentence for rapists". South China Morning Post. March 10, 2019.
- says, យិន Chek (March 11, 2019). "Hun Sen shifts stance on death penalty".
- Times, Asia. "Asia Times | Lessons from Hun Sen's death penalty U-turn | Opinion". Asia Times.