Capital punishment in Macau
Capital punishment in Macau was formally abolished in 1976 and reiterated in the Penal Code of Macau in the 1995.
Before that, capital punishment was last used in the 19th century. Under the principle of independence of legal system in Macau Basic Law, Macau continues its repudiation of capital punishment after the handover to People's Republic of China in 1999 despite the fact that capital punishment is practised in China.
The longest sentence in the Macau legal system is 30 years.
- Human rights in Macau
- Capital punishment in Hong Kong
- Capital punishment in the People's Republic of China
- Capital punishment in Taiwan (Republic of China)
- "THE HISTORY OF THE DEATH PENALTY IN HK AND MACAU". Amnesty International. Archived from the original on 2011-03-11.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-03-17.
|This Macau-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|