|Owner||Wisconsin Aviation Investments LLC|
|Elevation AMSL||850 ft / 259 m|
Capitol Airport (FAA LID: 02C) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Brookfield, a city in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, United States. It is privately owned by Wisconsin Aviation Investments LLC. The airport is also known as, or formerly known as Capitol Drive Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Capitol Airport covers an area of 207 acres (84 ha) at an elevation of 850 feet (259 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway designated 3/21 which measures 3,010 x 44 ft. (917 x 13 m), plus two turf runways: 9/27 measuring 3,395 x 100 ft. (1,035 x 30 m) and 18/36 measuring 1,600 x 80 ft. (488 x 24 m).
The facility has no published instrument procedures and no instrument navigational aids.
For the 12-month period ending August 30, 2016, the airport had 13,010 aircraft operations, an average of 36 per day: 99% general aviation and less than 1% military. In August 2017, there were 124 aircraft based at this airport: 114 single-engine, 1 multi-engine, 4 helicopter and 5 ultralight.
Brookfield Aero, LLC is the fixed-base operator.
- A groundskeeper was seriously injured when he was struck by the propeller of a Cessna 120 taxiing prior to takeoff on September 6, 2002.
- 2 were killed November 21, 1992 when their Piper PA-28-140 crashed while attempting to land in low visibility.
- 1 killed, 2 injured January 4th, 2017 when their plane crashed during takeoff
- FAA Airport Master Record for 02C ( PDF), effective August 17, 2017.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- NTSB. Probable Cause case CHI02CA279.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Pilot faulted for Capitol Drive Airport accident[permanent dead link]. December 10, 2003.
- NTSB. Probable cause case CHI93FA038.
- "Pilot from Virginia dies following plane crash at Capitol Airport in Brookfield". FOX6Now.com. 2017-01-05. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- Wisconsin Airport Directory: "Capitol Airport (02C)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-07-08.
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|