|"Your Illinois News Radar"|
Capitol Fax is a daily political newsletter covering Illinois politics. It was founded in 1993 by Rich Miller.
Capitol Fax, Inc., based in Springfield, Illinois, was founded in 1993 by Rich Miller. Miller is the lead writer, editor and publisher of Capitol Fax. Capitol Fax media has a for-fee, subscription-based newsletter, with selected excerpts offered for free as an online magazine. Capitol Fax also has a YouTube channel.
Miller was a columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times for 8 years before joining Crain's Chicago Business in 2014 as a columnist. The Institute of Government and Public Affairs at the University of Illinois stated that, "Miller is widely regarded as one of the most knowledgeable and connected journalists in the Illinois State Capitol. His daily intelligence from inside state government and politics influences politics and policy throughout the state." 
The University of Chicago Institute of Politics said Capitol Fax is "a must-read for policymakers, lobbyists and journalists in the Statehouse."  The Center for State Policy and Leadership at the University of Illinois at Springfield said "Miller’s readers are the legislators, staffers, lobbyists, reporters and business owners throughout Illinois who pay $350 a year to subscribe to Capitol Fax, the two-to-three page daily newsletter that’s unknown in most of the state but ubiquitous in the Statehouse."
- "Rich Miller". Retrieved February 17, 2015.
- Feder, Robert (February 27, 2014). "Political guru Rich Miller joins Crain's". Retrieved February 17, 2015.
- "Edgar Leader Series to feature Capitol Fax founder Rich Miller". Urbana, Illinois: The Institute of Government and Public Affairs at the University of Illinois. Retrieved February 17, 2015.
- "Speaker Series (Winter 2014)". Chicago, Illinois: University of Chicago Institute of Politics. Retrieved February 17, 2015.
- "About Rich Miller". Illinois Issues. Springfield, Illinois: University of Illinois at Springfield. February 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2015.
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|