This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
11.1 / 18 April 2018
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Capsa is the name for a family of packet analyzer developed by Colasoft for network administrators to monitor, troubleshoot and analyze wired & wireless networks. Currently, there are three editions available: Capsa Enterprise Edition, Capsa Standard Edition, and Capsa Free Edition.
- Captures packets from a single or multiple network adapters
- Analyzes the header & contents of each packet
- Provides statistics on MAC & IP address
- Analyze Protocol (Data link -> Application Layer)
- Diagnoses 40 kinds of network problems
- Presents statistics in graphs
- Alerts Computer network anomalies
- Outputs packets & logs to files
- Logs DNS, web browsing, Email, FTP & IM services
Capsa Enterprise Edition
Capsa Enterprise Edition is the flagship of Colasoft Capsa packet analyzer family, it supports both Ethernet and WLAN networks. It performs real-time packet capturing and analysis as well as supporting past-events analysis. It is marketed as a tool for enterprise network administrator to help them deal with daily network work, various kinds of network problem and maintain a productive enterprise network.
Capsa Standard Edition
Capsa Standard Edition is an Ethernet packet analyzer designed for networking professionals or small business network administrators. It is marketed as a network tool for network monitoring, troubleshooting and analyzing purposes.
Capsa Free Edition
Capsa Free Edition is a freeware Ethernet packet analyzer designed by Colasoft for personal use. It is marketed as a tool for network geeks to learn protocols, packets, and other networking related knowledge, and it is free of charge for personal or family users' network monitoring or troubleshooting needs. Anyone can download Capsa Free Edition at Colasoft website for any legal noncommercial use.
Comparison of editions
|Feature||Enterprise Edition||Standard Edition||Free Edition|
|Monitors WiFi Connections||Yes||No||No|
|IP Addresses Monitored||Unlimited||Unlimited||10|
|Session Timeout Length||Unlimited||Unlimited||4 hours|
|Manually Save Files||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Run Multiple Projects||Yes||Yes||No|
|Support Multiple Adapters||Yes||Yes||No|
|Support Network TAP||Yes||Yes||No|
|Log output function||Yes||Yes||No|
|Fast Speed Packet Replay||Yes||Yes||No|
|TCP Port Scan View||Yes||No||No|
|Security Analysis Profile||Yes||No||No|
|Packet Auto-output Function||Yes||No||No|
|ARP Attack View||Yes||No||No|
|DoS Attacking View||Yes||No||No|
|DoS Attacked View||Yes||No||No|
|Suspicious Conversation View||Yes||No||No|
- "Colasoft Announces Release of Capsa Network Analyzer v11.1 with Enhanced Usability" (Press release). April 25, 2018.
- "Capsa portable network analyzer, Sniff packets and Analyze Protocols, Free Trial - Colasoft". Colasoft. Retrieved August 10, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Colasoft Official website
- Colasoft Official Blog
- Colasoft Capsa FAQ
- Techrepublic, July, 19,2009,Review:Test-drive: Colasoft Capsa network analyzer, by Rick Vanover
- CrunchGear, Aug,3,2009, Review: Colasoft Capsa Network Analyzer, by Scott Merrill.
- PCWorld, Dec, 1,2009, Review: Capsa Keeps Tabs on Your SMB Network, by Ian, Harac.
- WindowsITPro, June,1,2010, Review: Colasoft Capsa 7.1, by Michael Dragone.
- Firewall.cx, July 3, 2010, Review: Colasoft Capsa 7.2, by Chris Partsenidis.
- ITWire, July 26,2010, Review: Colasoft Capsa , by David M Williams.
- PCWorld, Sept,13,2010, Review: Capsa Free Gives You the Skinny on Your Network-for Free, by Ian, Harac.
- IT Wired, April 03,2011, Review: Colasoft Capsa 7 WiFi, by David Williams.
- Firewall.cx, October 1st, 2012, Review: Colasoft Capsa Enterprise 7, by Chris Partsenidis
- PCWDLD.com named Colasoft Capsa Free edition in Top 10 Netflow Analyzers list.
- Addictivetips.com, May 23,2014, Review: Capsa Is A Comprehensive Network Analysis Tool For LAN & WLAN.
- PCQuest.com, May 1,2015, Review: Colasoft Capsa 7 Enterprise.