|EP by Idlewild|
|Singles from Captain|
Captain is the debut release by Scottish rock band Idlewild, released in January 1998. Although the number of tracks would normally class the release as an EP, Captain is commonly known as a mini-album. Guitarist Rod Jones notes that the album "was a sort of introduction to Idlewild."
In an interview in 2007, Roddy Woomble spoke about the album, stating that he:
was singing in an American accent, y’know! Of course it’s how we found our feet – I was deeply into Tom Barman, and even though he’s Belgian he sang in an American accent, and I thought if he could do it so could I. But after the first album, I found another voice, my own voice.
The album was played in full, alongside Make Another World, on December 21, 2008.
All tracks written and composed by Idlewild.
- "Self Healer" - 1:58
- "Annihilate Now!" - 3:32
- "Captain" - 3:35
- "Last Night I Missed All the Fireworks" - 1:24
- "Satan Polaroid" - 3:17
- "You Just Have to Be Who You Are" - 5:57
- "Queen Of The Troubled Teens" - 2:15 (Japan bonus track)
- "Faster" - 1:51 (Japan bonus track)
- "Self Healer (1st Version)" - 2:24 (Japan bonus track)
- "House Alone" - 1:34 (Japan bonus track)
- Bob Fairfoull - bass
- Rod Jones - guitar
- Colin Newton - drums
- Roddy Woomble - vocals
- Paul "The Captain" Tipler - producer
- Ian Ritterskamp - photography
- 'Captain' at Idlewild's official website discography Archived May 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Lindsay, Andrew. "Interview: Rod Jones (Idlewild)". stereokill.net. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- Lindsay, Andrew. "Interview: Rod Jones (Idlewild)". stereokill.net. Archived from the original on 2016-01-28. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- Drowned in Sound - Features - ReDiScover: Idlewild