This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Fast casual restaurant|
|Founded||August 15, 1969Donelson, Tennessee, U.S.in|
|Founder||Raymond L. Danner, Sr.|
Number of locations
|Phil Greifeld (President & CEO)|
Tim Ward (COO)
Keith Davis (CFO)
Chris Kuehn (CMO)
Brad Reed (CBDO)
|Revenue||US$544.43 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Sentinel Capital Partners|
Captain D's is an American chain of fast casual seafood restaurants. The first one opened in Donelson, Tennessee on August 15, 1969. Known originally as Mr. D's Seafood and Hamburgers, it changed its company name to Captain D's Seafood in 1974 to focus on fish and chips, shrimp, and side dishes. There are 539 locations.
Throughout the 1970s, the company grew rapidly and added special programs like the Kids' Birthday Club and children's comic books. During the 1980s and 1990s, the company's logo and building design evolved.
On September 13, 2010, Phil Greifeld was appointed CEO of Captain D's.
Throughout 2016, Captain D's experienced a surge of franchise and corporate development, with 13 new locations opened, along with numerous development agreements signed to open additional restaurants. This ongoing growth expanded the brand's presence in 25 states nationwide, including Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
- "Captain D's". Crunchbase. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
- "graph of Shoney's net income since 1974; At Shoney's Details Count". The New York Times. June 8, 1984. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- "Captain D's | Our Story". www.captainds.com. Retrieved April 23, 2018.
- "Captain D's lands Huddle House CEO". www.seafoodsource.com. August 24, 2010. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- "Captain D's Franchise Achieves 20th Consecutive Quarter of System-Wide Growth". Captain D's. October 3, 2016. Archived from the original on October 24, 2017. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- Thorn, Bret (December 18, 2017). "Sentinel Capital Partners buys Captain D's". Nations Restaurant News. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|