Captured! by Robots
|Captured! by Robots|
JBOT of Captured! by Robots
|Origin||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Associated acts||Blue Meanies
The Ape Which Hath No Name
Son of Ape Which Hath No Name
Captured! by Robots (Version 1) is a touring musical comedy troupe with only one human member. It is part-concert and part-performance act, made up of three robots, two stuffed apes, three "headless hornsmen" playing backup brass, and their human, "JBOT".
The group is composed of JBOT, the human "slave" to the robots (whose intestines hang from his abdomen); DRMBOT 0110, a severed doll's head that plays the drums; GTRBOT666, who plays bass and guitar; AUTOMATOM, the assistant drummer created by robots, The Ape Which Hath No Name who plays tambourine halo; The Son of the Ape Which Hath No Name, who plays Monkey Cymbals; and the Headless Hornsmen, a full three-piece horn section.[not in citation given]
The C!BR backstory claims that the human, in an attempt to make his own band, created the robots. Instead of following him, they revolted, pulled out his intestines and eyes, and now force him to travel the world with them, performing music and making him contemplate the inferiority of the human race.[not in citation given]
- Captured! by Robots (1997)
- I Hate You, Fuck You, Shut Up!! (2001)
- Captured Alive! (2003)
- The Ten Commandments/Get Fit with... (2005)
- Raptured by Flowbots: The Hip Hop Collection (2006)
- "Captured! by Robots". weirdestbandintheworld. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Watch Captured! By Robots Get Offensive at Three Links [VIDEO]". Dallas Observer. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Captured! by Robots Homepage", for pictures, info, and tour dates.