|Live album by|
|Released||March 1, 1976|
|Johnny Winter chronology|
|Rolling Stone||(Not Rated)|
|The Penguin Guide to Blues Recordings|||
In a review for AllMusic, William Ruhlmann gave the album three and a half out of five stars. He notes that Winter only wrote one of the songs and added:
All the songs are basically vehicles for his guitar playing, sometimes performed in unison with [second guitarist Floyd] Radford. Winter plays fast, filling up measures with torrents of notes that must impress any guitar fan, and he earns the big cheers heard in between numbers. It's no surprise that his biggest seller is a live album [Live Johnny Winter And (1971)], and this one is another accomplished effort.
- "Bony Moronie" (Larry Williams) – 6:50
- "Roll With Me" (Rick Derringer) – 4:46
- "Rock and Roll People" (John Lennon) – 5:39
- "It's All Over Now" (Bobby Womack, Shirley Jean Womack) – 6:15
- Johnny Winter – guitar, slide guitar, vocals
- Randy Jo Hobbs – bass guitar, background vocals
- Richard Hughes – drums
- Floyd Radford – guitar
- Ruhlmann, William. "Johnny Winter: Captured Live! – Review". AllMusic. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- "Rolling Stone Music | Album Reviews". Rollingstone.com. Retrieved June 23, 2012.[dead link]
- Russell, Tony; Smith, Chris (2006). The Penguin Guide to Blues Recordings. Penguin. p. 723. ISBN 978-0-140-51384-4.
- Captured Live! (Album notes). Johnny Winter. Blue Sky Records. 1976. Record labels. PZ 33944.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link)