Car Guy Racing
|Current series||24 Hours of Le Mans|
Asian Le Mans Series
|Former series||Super GT|
|Noted drivers||Takeshi Kimura, Kei Cozzolino, James Calado, Côme Ledogar|
|2018-19 Asian Le Mans series|
CAR GUY RACING is an auto racing team based in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan, established by Takeshi Kimura in 2016. The team qualified for the 2019 24 Hours of Le Mans race in the GTE Am category using a Ferrari 488.
In the 2018-19 Asian Le Mans Series, CAR GUY won all four of their qualifying races in a Ferrari 488. Previously, CAR GUY became the first team to compete with the new Honda NSX, which they entered in the 2018 Autobacs Super GT Series. The team finished 26th out of 29 entrants with a best placing of eighth (three times).
CAR GUY won all four of their qualifying races in the 2018-19 Asian Le Mans Series, which qualified them for the 2019 24 Hours of Le Mans in June. The CAR GUY team of Kei Cozzolino, James Calado and Takeshi Kimura won in Shanghai, at Fuji Speedway in Japan, at Buriram in Thailand and in the season climax at Sepang, Malaysia. With an additional point for pole position at their home circuit Fuji Speedway, the team amassed an unbeatable points total of 101.
Asian Le Mans Series results
|2018||Asian Le Mans||CAR GUY||1. Shanghai||Ferrari 488|| Kei Cozzolino
|CAR GUY||2. Fuji||Ferrari 488|| Kei Cozzolino
|2019||Asian Le Mans||CAR GUY||3. Buriram||Ferrari 488|| Kei Cozzolino
|CAR GUY||4. Sepang||Ferrari 488|| Kei Cozzolino
In the 2018-19 Asian Le Mans Series Kei Cozzolino and James Calado were the main drivers with team owner Takeshi Kimura taking on the role of 'gentleman driver.' At the 2019 24 Hours of Le Mans, Cozzolino and Kimura will be joined by Frenchman Côme Ledogar, who won the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup in 2016.
- David | (2019-02-24). "Le Mans entry list starts to take shape". WEC-Magazin. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "Victory and title for Car Guy - CGT - English". Competizioni GT. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "Asian Le Mans Series Champions Crowned in Malaysia | Asian Le Mans Series". Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "CarGuy Racing Enters Super GT With Honda NSX GT3 – dailysportscar.com". www.dailysportscar.com. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "Results | SUPER GT OFFICIAL WEBSITE". supergt.net. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "2018/2019 Team Standings | Asian Le Mans Series". Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "The 2019 Le Mans 24 Hours entry list in full". www.motorsport.com. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (September 2019)