From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aeroporto de Carajás
|Elevation AMSL||629 m / 2,064 ft|
It is operated by Infraero.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Araguaína, Belém, Belo Horizonte–Confins, Marabá, São Luís, Tucuruí|
|Gol Airlines||Belo Horizonte–Confins, Rio de Janeiro–Santos Dumont|
Accidents and incidents
- 8 September 1987: a Brazilian Air Force Hawker Siddeley HS.125 registration FAB-2129 crashed upon take-off from Carajás. All nine occupants died.
- 14 February 1997: a Varig Boeing 737-241 registration PP-CJO operating flight 265, flying from Marabá to Carajás while on touch-down procedures at Carajás during a thunderstorm, had its right main gear collapsed rearwards causing the aircraft to veer off the right of the runway. The aircraft crashed into the forest. One crew member died.
The airport is located 18 km (11 mi) from downtown Parauapebas.
- "Estatísticas" (in Portuguese). Infraero. 2 February 2016. Archived from the original on 4 April 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). Infraero.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Accident description FAB-2129". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved June 17, 2011.
- "Accident description PP-CJO". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved June 17, 2011.