Reid with the Detroit Lions in 2014
|No. 54 – Indianapolis Colts|
November 23, 1991 |
The Bronx, New York
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||302 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Bronx (NY) Mount Saint Michael Academy|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 5 / Pick: 158|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Caraun Reid (born November 23, 1991) is an American football defensive tackle for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Princeton.
Reid was born on November 23, 1991 in Bronx, New York. He is the son of Courton, the Bishop of City of Faith Church of God in the Bronx, a school principal, and psychologist, and Claudette Reid, also a minister, hematologist, and licensed educator. Reid has two older brothers Caryl and CaVar.
Reid attended Mount Saint Michael Academy in The Bronx, New York. Named two-time team captain, he earned all-league honors twice and all-city and all-state honors as a senior. He was the winner of the school's Monsignor Matthew Peters student-athlete award, and was a member of the National Honor Society and the National Society of High School Scholars.
His academic excellence led him to Princeton University, where he played for the Tigers from 2009 to 2013. In 2009, recorded 34 tackles, most among all Princeton freshmen, and added 4.5 tackles for loss, four pass breakups and a sack. In 2010, Reid played in only one game before suffering a season-ending injury. In 2011, he earned first-team All-Ivy League honors after leading all Ivy League linemen with 68 tackles, including 29 solo stops. He led Princeton in tackles for loss (16), sacks (eight), pass breakups (three), quarterback hurries (three) and blocked kicks (three). In 2012, he earned third-team FCS All-American honors by the Associated Press, after recording 40 tackles, including 9.5 for losses, 5.5 sacks and three blocked kicks. He also earned unanimous first-team All-Ivy League honors on the defensive line. In 2013, he was named a finalist for the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year honors. He earned his third straight first-team All-Ivy League honor, only the fourth player in Princeton history to earn the honor three times. He recorded 26 tackles, including 11 for loss, 6.5 sacks, one interception and one blocked kick.
Reid was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the fifth round (158th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. In 2015 against the Seattle Seahawks, Reid returned a Russell Wilson fumble for a touchdown, cutting the score to 13-10. However, the Lions would lose on a controversial call. On September 3, 2016, Reid was waived by the Lions.
San Diego Chargers
On September 2, 2017, Reid was waived by the Chargers.
Detroit Lions (second stint)
- Caraun Reid – Yahoo Sports
- 2013 Football Players of the Year Finalists Announced
- Versatile Princeton DT Caraun Reid is Lions' pick in fifth round Archived May 12, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Lions establish 53-man roster". DetroitLions.com.
- Henne, Ricky. "Chargers Add Three via Waivers". chargers.com.
- Henne, Ricky (October 25, 2016). "Chargers Place DT Caraun Reid on IR; Re-Sign CB Pierre Desir". Chargers.com.
- Henne, Ricky (September 2, 2017). "Los Angeles Chargers Cut Down Roster to 53". Chargers.com.
- "Lions sign free agents DE Datone Jones and DT Caraun Reid". DetroitLions.com. October 11, 2017.
- "Lions sign free agents DE Jacquies Smith and T Bryce Harris". DetroitLions.com. October 18, 2017.
- Czarda, Stephen (November 14, 2017). "Redskins Place Two On Injured Reserve, Sign Two To The Active Roster". Redskins.com.
- Czarda, Stephen (December 4, 2017). "Redskins Sign Wide Receiver Robert Davis To The Active Roster, Claim Kyle Kalis Off Waivers". Redskins.com.
- Walker, Andrew (December 18, 2017). "Colts Place Ryan Kelly, Jon Bostic On Injured Reserve". Colts.com.