|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|
Caravan Palace at the 2010 Ottawa Bluesfest
|Genres||Electro swing, new wave|
Caravan Palace is a French electro swing band based in Paris. The band's influences include Django Reinhardt, Vitalic, Lionel Hampton, and Daft Punk. The band released their début studio album, Caravan Palace, on the Wagram label in October 2008. The record charted in Switzerland, Belgium and France, where it reached a peak position of number 11.
The band formed as a three-piece. Loïc Barrouk took an interest in the project and booked the band a recording studio and a series of gigs. More performers were required for the live concerts and the other three current band members were found after searching on MySpace.
The band became popular on the internet after releasing a number of demos and promo singles. From 2006 to 2007 they spent a year touring around France, and their first festival appearance came at the Django Reinhardt Jazz Festival in 2007. Following this emergence, the group were signed by the Paris-based Wagram Music record label. They spent the next year recording material for their début studio album.
On October 20, 2008 the self-titled Caravan Palace was released, preceded by the single "Jolie Coquine". The album received praise for its traditional jazz inclinations, and placed in a number of European albums charts. In Switzerland, the album reached number 72 and in Belgium it achieved a position of 42. The album performed best in the band's native France where it attained a peak position of 11 in August 2009, and remained on the French albums chart for 68 consecutive weeks. The band released their second official single, "Suzy", on February 24, 2009.
On October 3, 2011, the band released an EP titled Clash, featuring two new songs and four remixes of them. The band's second album, Panic, was released on March 5, 2012.
The band released the single "Comics" on June 22, 2015, and their second single "Lone Digger" in September, 2015.
They made a video for their track "Mighty" and previewed another song, "Wonderland", in a short promotional video.
- Zoé Colotis - vocals
- Arnaud Vial - guitar, vocals
- Hugues Payen - violin, vocals
- Camille Chapelière - clarinet
- Charles Delaport - double bass, electronics
- Antoine Toustou - electronics, trombone
- Paul-Marie Barbier - percussion, vibraphone
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Jolie Coquine"||2008||192||Caravan Palace|
|"Rock It for Me"||—|
- "Caravan Palace > Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Caravan Palace - Caravan Palace". lescharts.fr. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "Caravan Palace Biography". f-cat.de. Retrieved 2009-10-02.
- "Suzy - Single". Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "Bitchcraft (Caravan Palace Remix) - Single". iTunes. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- "Caravan Palace". F-Cat Productions. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Caravan Palace - Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- LesCharts.com: Caravan Palace page Retrieved 2012-08-16