Carbon Retirement Ltd is a social enterprise which provides carbon offsetting services by the method of carbon retirement. The company sells offset credits which are approved by the UK Government's Quality Assurance Scheme for Carbon Offsetting.
Carbon Retirement Ltd was founded, in 2008, by Jane Burston and Dan Lewer. The company is based in Battersea, London, UK. The organisation publishes research and commentary on matters relating to carbon markets and climate change policy. Research reports have covered the use of voluntary carbon offsetting by FTSE 100 companies, the effectiveness of the Carbon Reduction Commitment, profits derived from auctions of EU Emissions Allowances, and alleged inefficiencies in the Clean Development Mechanism.
- Sarah Butler (2011-04-17). "Carbon cowboys ride again". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Report: FTSE-100 offsets just 0.1 per cent of carbon emissions - 18 Apr 2011 - News from". BusinessGreen. 2011-04-18. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Lifetime Allowance Cut to £1m". Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- Kahya, Damian (2011-03-07). "BBC News - Carbon tax 'may not reduce CO2'". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Fiona Harvey (2011-02-10). "UK nets €1bn in carbon permit auctions | Environment | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Kahya, Damian (2009-12-07). "'30% of carbon offsets' spent on reducing emissions". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-05-13.