Carbondale Community High School
|Carbondale Community High School|
|1301 East Walnut Street
Carbondale, Illinois 62901
|School district||Carbondale Community High School District 165|
|NCES School ID||170837000454|
|Average class size||18|
|Hours in school day||6 hours, plus 30 minutes for lunch|
|Fight song||Derivative of "On Wisconsin"|
|Athletics||Football, volleyball, soccer, cross-country, basketball, baseball/softball, track, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, swimming|
|Athletics conference||South Seven Conference|
|Communities served||Carbondale, De Soto, Makanda|
|Feeder schools||Carbondale Middle School, Unity Point, Giant City, De Soto, St. Andrews, Carbondale New School, Trinity Christian School|
Carbondale Community High School is a public high school located in Carbondale, Illinois, United States. It serves grades 9-12 and is part of its own school district, having several different feeder schools within the city and outside of it. In 2013, 1093 students attended the school.
In all sports, Carbondale has huge rivalries with Murphysboro's and Marion's teams. The basketball team has been among the best in southern Illinois, with Cahokia High School being Carbondale's hardest-to-defeat opponent.
- Stephen Bardo (1986) – basketball player
- Justin Dentmon (2004) – basketball player
- Mark Gottfried – basketball player, head coach
- Les Taylor (1968) – basketball player
- David Sulzer/Dave Soldier (1974) – attended two years; neuroscientist at Columbia University and experimental musician
- Shawn Colvin (1978) – Grammy-award winning musical artist
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Carbondale Comm H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-06. Retrieved 2011-09-22.