Type of site
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Alexa rank||33,445 (April 2014[update])|
|Launched||29 October 2010|
Carbuyer is a web publication that offers car reviews, news and advice for the British market, with a focus on new rather than used cars. It was launched by Dennis Publishing in 2010, and was first published on 29 October 2010, and is intended primarily for consumers rather than auto enthusiasts. The site includes facts and figures from JATO, allowing visitors to access specifications for every new model.
Carbuyer produces its own video reviews, fronted by journalists and presenters James Batchelor and Ginny Buckley which are published on the website and on its YouTube channel. Mat Watson and Rebecca Jackson have been previous presenters. The website was short listed for Launch 2011 at the AOP Awards 2011, and then won Product Development of the Year (Consumer) at the PPA Data & Digital Publishing Awards 2011.
In January 2014, Carbuyer refreshed its image with a new logo, new video graphics and website design. In May 2014, Stuart Milne was appointed editor. Carbuyer has also published a book Carbuyer's Top 100 Family Cars and in January 2014, they launched their first ever television commercial.
Cars of the Year
- 2011: Kia Sportage
- 2012: Hyundai i30
- 2013: Dacia Duster 
- 2014: Hyundai i10
- 2015: Citroën C4 Cactus
- 2016: Peugeot 3008
- 2017: Peugeot 3008
- 2018: Ford Fiesta
- 2019: Ford Fiesta
- "Carbuyer.co.uk Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Dennis launches 'Trip Advisor' for car buyers
- "Dennis Publishing Launches news Website Carbuyer.co.uk". Archived from the original on 25 April 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Dennis launches car review site Carbuyer[permanent dead link]
- Dennis extends motoring portfolio by launching car buying site
- "AOP Awards 2011 Shortlist in full". Archived from the original on 15 May 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Data and Digital Publishing Award Winners 2011[permanent dead link]
- Plain English Campaign Internet Crystal Mark Holders
- "Carbuyer.co.uk success with plain English Internet Crystal Mark". Archived from the original on 24 August 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Auto Express's sister site hits the newsstands with its first magazine naming the UK's Top 100 Family Cars
- "Dacia Duster named CarBuyer Car of the Year". Auto Express. 1 March 2013.