CARCHEX is a Baltimore, Maryland-based company that provides extended auto warranties and Mobile Vehicle Inspections.
CARCHEX was founded in 1999 as a provider of pre-purchase vehicle inspections. In 2003, the company was purchased by Jason Goldsmith, a Baltimore-based entrepreneur and founder of TheLoanPage.com. Shortly afterward, CARCHEX expanded its vehicle inspection service to all 50 states by partnering with a nationwide network of ASE-certified mechanics.
In 2004, CARCHEX added a second consumer assurance product to its business by offering vehicle service contracts (VSCs), also known as extended warranties. The company expanded the service in 2007 as a warranty remarketing program conducted on behalf of dealership groups such as MileOne. The company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
In 2014, CARCHEX announced a partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). As part of the partnership, CARCHEX donated $20,000 to the organization to help prevent underage drinking and eliminate drunk driving.
CARCHEX was named one of the "Baltimore Sun Top Workplaces" for 2014.
CARCHEX was named one of the "Baltimore Sun Top Workplaces" for 2013. 
CARCHEX was named one of the "Baltimore Sun Top Workplaces" for 2012.
CARCHEX was named one of the "Baltimore Sun Top Workplaces" for 2011.
CARCHEX CEO Jason Goldsmith received the 2008 Maryland Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Terry, Robert J. (30 August 2004). "Armed with VC, Baltimore startup fighting auto fraud". Baltimore Business Journal. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- Clark Geist, Laura (10 December 2007). "Program gives dealers 2nd shot at service contract sales". Trade Publication. Automotive News. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "BBB Business Review (Beta)". Review. Better Business Bureau. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "MADD - CARCHEX". Press Release. Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "CARCHEX CEO Jason Goldsmith a Winner in Maryland Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year® 2008 Awards Competition". Press Release. 28 June 2008. Retrieved 13 June 2011.