Cardenas J. Alban
Cardenas J. Alban is a former Staff Sergeant in the United States Army who was convicted of the murder of Qassim Hassan, a sixteen-year-old Iraqi. He was sentenced to one year's confinement, demoted to private and given a bad conduct discharge. Johnny M. Horne Jr. pleaded guilty in the same case.
- "U.S. soldier convicted of murder in 'mercy killing'". USA Today. 15 January 2005.
- 'Mercy killing' of Iraqi revives GI conduct debate Teen rubbish patrol shot up by troops -- wounded youth slain
- Wartime murder prosecutions sometimes end with dismissals
- Prisoner Deaths in U.S. Custody
- Short sentences, dismissals show wartime murder prosecutions hard
- Army Investigators Says 27 Iraqis and Afghans Killed in U.S. Custody