Cardinal Gibbons High School (Raleigh, North Carolina)
|Cardinal Gibbons High School|
1401 Edwards Mill Road
|Motto||Cum Deo Omnia Possum|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Principal||Jason D. Curtis|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Tuition||$8,850 (Catholic rate) $12,500 (non-affiliated rate)|
|Affiliation||Diocese of Raleigh|
|Art and Literary Magazine||Repeater|
Cardinal Gibbons High School (CGHS) is a private coeducational college-preparatory Catholic high school in Raleigh, North Carolina. Cardinal Gibbons and St. Thomas More Academy are the only Catholic high schools in Raleigh, and two of three high schools in the Diocese of Raleigh.
Cardinal Gibbons was founded in 1909 and has an enrollment of about 1,225 students. There are 79 faculty members, 70 percent of whom possess at least a master's degree or higher.
The school is a member of the National Catholic Educational Association, the North Carolina High School Athletic Association, and the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools. Jason D. Curtis is the principal.
Cardinal Gibbons was originally called Sacred Heart High School, and was the first Roman Catholic High School in Raleigh, North Carolina. The school was originally at the Pulaski Cowper mansion, which was later transformed into Sacred Heart Cathedral, the smallest cathedral in the continental United States. The school was later named "Cathedral Latin High School." In 1962 a new school building opened on Western Boulevard in Raleigh and the school was renamed "Cardinal Gibbons Memorial High School. " The site was used for an orphanage until the 1950s. Cathedral School still exists as an elementary and middle school which feeds into Cardinal Gibbons High. The school currently occupies a campus on Edwards Mill Rd. which was completed in 1999. The former school site is the new location for Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral.
- Cathedral School, Raleigh
- The Franciscan School, Raleigh
- St. Michael the Archangel School, Cary
- St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School, Apex
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School, Raleigh
- St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic School, Raleigh
- St. Thomas More Catholic School, Chapel Hill
- Immaculata Catholic School, Durham
- St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School, Wake Forest
- Boys sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Wrestling
- Girls sports: Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Dance Team, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball
Cardinal Gibbons High School's football team qualified for the NCHSAA playoffs every year from 2009 through 2013. Both the men's and women's cross country team have produced star collegiate runners and are two of the winningest teams at the high school 
Cardinal Gibbons has visual arts and performing arts, such as drama, chorus, guitar, percussion, photography, and dance.
- SACS-CASI. "SACS-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
-  Archived July 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Quillin, Martha (3 January 2015). "Raleigh diocese breaks ground on new cathedral". News & Observer. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Mid-State 2A Conference Meet". MileSplit North Carolina. Archived from the original on 2012-07-14. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "High School OT.com - School - Cardinal Gibbons". HighschoolOT.com. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Blake, J. Mike (January 16, 2015). "Fuquay-Varina Native Donovan Drafted Into MLS by Orlando City". The News & Observer.
- Gaither, Stephen (May 29, 2013). "Duke Recruit Christina Gibbons Nets 5 Goals to Seal Cardinal Gibbons Win Over Burlington Williams in Girls' Soccer Playoffs". The News & Observer.