|Industry||Cloud-based payment, coupon and loyalty program management (via mobile phone)|
|Products||Digital credit card, Mobile phone applications|
Number of employees
CardMobili is a European-based mobile application development company founded in 2009. The primary application of the company, also named CardMobili, provides a platform for managing customer loyalty programs via mobile phones. The application provides for digitizing and storing loyalty and membership cards, allowing their barcodes to be scanned directly from the device screen. It supports Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile, Nokia, Vodafone, and other brands.
On April 22, 2016, CardMobil sent the following email to users:
"Please note that after April, 30th the CardMobili APP will no longer be available for download and registration, and all online and sync features of the mobile apps will stop working.
"The app on your mobile device will continue to hold the data it currently has regarding your digital cards but it won't synchronize in future installations and web access to the service won't be available.
"Thank you to our loyal users. We hope that you have enjoyed using CardMobili as much as we enjoyed building it for you!
"The CardMobili Team"
Awards and reception
In 2010, Cardmobili won Vodafone's "Mobile Clicks" contest for the best mobile internet startup.
- Cardmobili - CardMobili in the news
- Wauters, Robin (27 September 2010). "CardMobili and RouletteCricket: great startups, Vodafone Mobile Clicks winners". TechCrunch Europe. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- (Portuguese) "The technology that puts the wallet inside the phone"
- (Portuguese) "Loyalty cards are in the digital world"
- "Cardmobili and RouletteCricket: great startups, Vodafone Mobile Clicks winners"
- (Portuguese) "Customers are more loyal to brands with cards on your phone"
- (Portuguese) "Portuguese want to do away with plastic loyalty cards"
- The Register article
- (Portuguese) "Ten thousand Portuguese joined the digital copy of voter registration card in the phone"
- (Portuguese) "Cardmobili wins global competition for applications in Barcelona"
- (Portuguese) "Cardmobili represent Portugal in the final contest of Vodafone"
- The Register article