Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-lot
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-lot|
|Written by||Thomas D. Hart|
|Directed by||Davis Doi|
|Voices of||Tabitha St. Germain
Ian James Corlett
|Opening theme||"We are the Care Bears" by Kay Hanley|
|Composer(s)||Carl Johnson (score)
Andy Street (songs: music)
Judy Rothman (songs: lyrics)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||Andy Heyward
|Running time||10 minutes per episode|
|Production company(s)||SD Entertainment
|Original release||September 15, 2007– December 6, 2008|
|Preceded by||The Care Bears (TV series)|
|Followed by||Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot|
Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-lot is an animated television series by SD Entertainment and DIC Entertainment that premiered on CBS's KEWLopolis line-up from September 15, 2007 to December 6, 2008, and is designed to be an immediate follow up to the movie Care Bears: Oopsy Does It!. It was the third Care Bears television series made and was produced by Sabella Dern Entertainment, the same company that made Care Bears: Oopsy Does It!. It features songs with music by Andy Street and lyrics by Judy Rothman.
Along with the other shows in the KEWLopolis block, this series fulfilled the federal "E/I" requirements.
Unlike the previous animation created by DIC and Nelvana in the 1980s, and as with Care Bears: Oopsy Does It!, this series features the new redesigned Care Bears with redesigned tummy symbols (also called "belly badges"). It also features a redesigned Care-a-lot. Additionally, there was initially no interaction with humans or other supernatural entities like those found in the previous iteration. Instead, as an immediate follow-up to Care Bears: Oopsy Does It!, the series inherits the sole villain from the movie, Grizzle, who has robots to do his bidding.
While other Care Bears do make appearances in the show, the series primarily focuses on five Care Bears in particular as seen on the Care Bears website: Cheer Bear, the new leader of the group, Share Bear, who's now a horticulturist, Grumpy Bear, now an inventor, Funshine Bear, now an energetic fun bear instead of a jokester, and introduced in Care Bears: Oopsy Does It!, Oopsy Bear. The show's theme song is performed by Kay Hanley..
- Cheer Bear (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain) is optimistic, outgoing and intelligent. Although very tomboyish, she is a mother-like character to the other Care Bears. She is light fuchisa with a rainbow as her tummy symbol and wears a rainbow-colored bow. She also seems to be the "doctor", as seen in the episodes "King Grumpy" and "Bubbles".
- Funshine Bear (voiced by Ian James Corlett) is determined and active. He often gets hooked on an idea and rarely lets go (as seen in the episodes "Care-ful Bear" and "Rainshine Meadows"). He is somewhat overconfident, which sometimes gets him into trouble. He has golden yellow fur with a sun as his tummy symbol and wears a red baseball cap.
- Share Bear (voiced by Tracey Moore) has an innocent, naive, and airheaded demeanor. She is a horticulturist, often growing flowers in a garden she owns (along with a knowledge about them), and always carries a purse full of lollipops to share with her fellow Care Bear friends. She is light lilac and has two lollipops crossed like an X as her belly badge.
- Grumpy Bear (voiced by Scott McNeil) is cynical, bitter, and fairly blunt, yet he is a prolific inventor, creating gizmos and gadgets intended to make a Care Bear's life easier, although some of his gadgets are absolutely nonsense (for example, he was working on a rainbow-powered windmill in the episode "All You Need Is..."). Whenever Oopsy makes accidents on him or his property, he utters phrases like, "Bumbling Blizterbugs!" and "Typhonic Typhoons!" He is dusty blue and his belly badge is a rain cloud with raindrops shaped like hearts.
- Oopsy Bear (voiced by Ashleigh Ball) is clumsy and accident-prone. He is light grayish yellow-green and, unlike the other Care Bears, doesn't have a belly badge; he usually draws on his belly with a special belly badge crayon, often that of a shooting star, although he can erase it and change it according to his feelings.
- Grizzle (voiced by Mark Oliver) the main villain that resembles a brown Care Bear who wears a big metal suit. He hates the Care Bears because he doesn't understand what all of their caring is for, and wishes to take over Care-a-lot. He usually deploys robots or uses strange contraptions to carry out his dirty deeds, but it usually backfires on him. He exhibits megalomania, delusions of grandeur, and symptoms of mild schizophrenia, as he often seen talking to an inanimate bird made of spare parts named "Mr. Beaks" and replying to it as if it were speaking.
- Wingnut (voiced by Nathan Wallace) was originally built by Grizzle to function as an aide in Grizzle's Lair. However, by the end of the movie Oopsy Does It!, he has defected to the Care Bears' side. True to his name, a large Wingnut can be found on his head. He lives with Oopsy and is also usually found by Oopsy's side, if not occupied helping Grumpy out or playing with Funshine. Wingnut is equipped with Hammerspace storage to store various items that he or the other bears may need in the episode, such as pulling out a leafblower that's the same size as he is. He can also use the same compartment to analyze unknown substances.
- Tenderheart Bear (voiced by Matt Hill), an excellent baseball player, is a bit of a daredevil. He is a good friend of Funshine. He has orange-brown fur, and has a red heart belly badge. He also wears a red heart-shaped backpack.
- Harmony Bear (voiced by Andrea Libman) believes that, like the colors of the rainbow, many different people can come together to make something beautiful. She works at the SweetHeart SweetShop, and has a knack for creating outrageous new candies. Her fur color is purple and her belly badge is of a smiley-faced flower with different colored petals. She also wears a pink headband.
- True Heart Bear (voiced by Stevie Vallance), the town's reporter and runner of the "Heroes of Care-a-Lot" website, she usually carries a laptop computer with wireless network connection and a digital camera around (seen in the episodes "Rainshine Meadows" and "Oopsy the Hero"). She is a light pink bear and her belly badge is of a heart with triangle petal shapes around it. She tends to write in purple prose.
- Wish Bear (voiced by Chiara Zanni) is very close to the Starbuddies and is shown to understand them more than the other bears, as has been shown in the episodes "Cheer, There and Everywhere" and "Twinklet", she has been with Grumpy in "Flower Power" and "Twinklet" She has her own Starbuddy pet, Twinkers. She can sometimes be shown with Grumpy Bear. She is a light teal bear and her belly badge is a shooting star. She also wears a yellow ribbon on her hair.
- Bedtime Bear (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is usually asleep when the other bears are up (waking up for only short moments to share his thoughts before drifting back to slumber during the day). However, he is fully awake at nighttime where he totes a lantern and functions as Care-a-Lot's night watchbear, making sure everyone is sleeping when they should (such as in the episodes "Belly Ball" and "Bubbles"). He is an aqua blue bear and his belly badge is a snoozing crescent moon with a small star. He also wears a purple & yellow night cap and white slippers.
- Surprise Bear (voiced by Kelly Sheridan) loves and enjoys being surprised, such as in the episodes "Erased" and "Unbearable", or surprising the other bears, such as in the episodes "All You Need Is..." and "Gobblebugs". She often pops up in unexpected places. She is a deep purple bear and her belly badge is a star popping out of a jack-in-the-box.
- Love-a-Lot Bear (voiced by Terri Hawkes) is a bear who works in the Smart Heart Library, where the other bears go if they have questions or if they needed some quiet time. She is a dark pink bear and her belly badge is two intertwining hearts. She also wears a barrette in her hair that matches her belly badge and a purple scarf. When she speaks, she punctuates everything with the word "love" or a variation of such.
- Good Luck Bear (voiced by Samuel Vincent) is yet another bear with no known job. However, he can be seen in the episodes "A Little Help" and "Tell Tale Tummy", where he helps the other bears prepare for the celebration. He is a deep green bear with a shamrock belly badge.
- Amigo Bear (voiced by Samuel Vincent) is the ice-cream vendor in Care-a-Lot, providing refreshments at the meadows or near the gathering tree where the bears play. He is an orange bear with a tropical sun flower for his belly badge. True to his name, he speaks with a Hispanic accent and often uses Spanish words (meaning he can speak Spanish).
- Best Friend Bear works at the Grocery Store (as seen in the episode "Luck 'O Oopsy") and is a very helpful bear who believes friends are forever. She is an bright fuchisa bear and her belly badge is a heart and star connected by a rainbow.
- Laugh-a-Lot Bear is a bear who loves making the others laugh. She is an orange bear and her belly badge is a smiling star with three pink hearts.
- Friend Bear is a light golden-orange bear with a flower in her hair and a belly badge showing two intertwining sunflowers. She appears in the episodes "Present and Accounted For", "Flower Power", and "Cheer, There, and Every Where.
- Champ Bear is a very sporty, bright blue bear with a trophy belly badge.
- Baby Hugs is a light pink bear that lives with her brother Tugs at Cheer's house.
- Baby Tugs is a light blue bear that lives with his sister Hugs at Cheer's house.
- Bumpity (voiced by Garry Chalk) and Tweazle (voiced by Webby Goy) are cloudlike characters. They are known as the Nimbettes. They often try to help the Care Bears, but it usually goes wrong. Bumpity is big and blue and Tweazle is small and pink. When she jumps in Wingnut's sugar sprinkler, she transforms into different shapes.
The new Care-a-Lot has four main places that make it up:
- Central Care-a-lot, basically the place where most of the show takes place, this hosts the Gathering tree and all of the houses, and Harmony's Sweet Shop.
- Rainshine Meadows, Rainshine meadows first appeared in the episode of the same name, where Funshine goes to Rainshine Meadows to practice his Belly Ball moves, and he finds it a mess. After a big storm the once beautiful place was ruined, but by the end of the episode, everything is cleaned up and the place is restored. If it appears in more episodes is unknown, due to the fact it looks a lot like the Meadow. Rainshine Meadows is accessed from behind the waterfall from the meadow where the bears usually play.
- The Meadow, This is the place where the Care Bears often play together, pick flowers, go swimming (as seen in the episode "Erased"), etc. Rainshine Meadows, another meadow nearby, is accessed from a cave behind the waterfall.
- Grizzle's Lair, A place where Grizzle lives above Care-a-lot and plots all of his evil plans.
Houses and Buildings
The houses in Care-a-lot are very different, but they all show the personalities of their owners:
- Oopsy's upside-down House: Oopsy's house resembles a building that had been fipped over, therefore the door is at the top, even with the decorative edging at the top that the other Care Bears have on the bottom of their houses. He lives to the right of Grumpy's Garage/Shop.
- Cheer's House
- Grumpy's Garage/Shop: The main part of Grumpy's house is the Garage/Shop where he does all of his work. The inside and outside of his house is blue and it is adorned with thunderbolts. Right above the door to his garage is a 2D flipped out umbrella. The inside of his Garage it holds his tools, a broom, a ladder, a work bench, etc. His house is to the right of Share's and to the Left of Oopsy's.
- Share's Garden: Share's garden is her pride and joy and she keeps it very well. It is mostly full of Lollipop flowers that look like the Lollipops on her Belly Badge. Her house is to the Left of Grumpy's and the right of Funshine's.
- Funshine's Fun-House: Funshine's many colored house has a yellow slide coming out of his bedroom window. Funshine's room in the Episode "Bubbles" only has a bed, but in the episode "Unbearable" it has a fireman's pole and a bedstand. His house is to the left of Share's.
- Sweetheart Candy Parlor: Harmony Bear is seen running a candy parlor in the episode "Cheer, There and Everywhere/Twinklers") where she creates all manner of sweets. The name of the parlor was eventually revealed in the episode "Share And Share Alike".
- Smart Heart Library: Love-a-Lot works at the library, but it is unclear if she's the head librarian or not. Commonly, the bears go to the library to find answers to questions they have (i.e. Funshine in the episode "Rainshine Meadows") or have some quiet time (i.e. Cheer and Harmony in Oopsy the Hero). This library is apparently named after Smart Heart Bear (who loves school and learning) but she has never appeared in this series.
- Care-a-lot Cafe: Care-a-lot's local "cafe" has not been "announced" as a place in Care-a-lot yet, but it has been seen in the background. It is unclear of who works/owns the place. It is also possible that this place is an annexe of Sweetheart Candy Parlor.
|#||Title||Director||Original air date|
|1||"A Little Help / Tell-Tale Tummy"||September 15, 2007|
A Little Help: To stop his lab from losing power and floating away, Grizzle tries to steal a power generator that Grumpy Bear invented while the town is preparing for a festival.Tell-Tale Tummy: Share Bear breaks Grumpy Bear's cloud express, which was still a work in progress, and gets the butterflies while trying to hide the fact that she broke it from Grumpy.
|2||"Growing Pains / King Grumpy"||September 22, 2007|
Growing Pains: Share Bear and Cheer Bear battle it out for the best garden in Care-a-Lot, but both go too far.King Grumpy: Wingnut accidentally hurts Grumpy and Grumpy takes advantage of him.
|3||"Ice Creamed / Heatwave"||September 29, 2007|
Ice Creamed: Grumpy Bear builds a mechanical ice cream cart that produces unlimited ice cream for Amigo Bear after Grizzle destroys Amigo Bear's old ice cream cart. Unfortunately, it ends up producing too much ice cream.Heatwave: Grizzle is using a device that consists of a pair of magnifying glasses to cause a heatwave in Care-a-Lot. The Thunder whales come by to bring rain, but then Grizzle scares them off. It's up to Share Bear, who's afraid of the whales, to save Care-a-Lot by facing her fears and leading the whales back.
|4||"Erased / Unbearable"||October 6, 2007|
Erased: Grizzle has invented a robot named Newbie and fitted it with a badge removal ray emitter to try erasing the Care Bears' belly badges. Unfortunately, the ray amplifies the negative traits of the bears instead of removing them. Soon, all in Care-a-Lot is in chaos and only Oopsy, who doesn't have a real belly badge and thus have not been zapped by the robot, can save the day.Unbearable: Because of Funshine's helpful nature, the bears awards him with a trophy. However, the trophy soon gets to his head.
|5||"Care-Ful Bear / A Case Of The Grumpies"||October 13, 2007|
Care-Ful Bear: After Share Bear gets into a minor accident, Funshine Bear decides to enforce safety and becomes Care-Ful bear. Unfortunately, his enforcement is spoiling everyone's fun.A Case Of The Grumpies: Grumpy Bear is grumpier than usual as of late, and Cheer Bear tries to cheer him up.
|6||"Cheer, There And Everywhere / Twinklet"||October 20, 2007|
Cheer, There And Everywhere: Cheer Bear neglects her duties to help out others during the parade.Twinklet: Oopsy finds a twinklet and decides to keep it.
|7||"Belly Ball / Bubbles"||Larry Houston||October 27, 2007|
Belly Ball: Share Bear wants to be good at a new game called Belly Ball. She's hoping it will help her out for a visit to Woohoo World, but becomes obsessed with winning a ribbon. Share stays up so late practicing that she neglects her sleep and can't play well at the game at all.Bubbles: Funshine has also been staying up late to have fun, and ends up catching the "bubbles." These bubble-hiccups cause him to float up in the air. His friends tell him he has to stay in bed, but Funshine keeps getting up because he doesn't want to miss out on any fun.
|8||"Rainshine Meadows / Oopsy The Hero"||Larry Houston||November 3, 2007|
Rainshine Meadows: Funshine looks for a place to practice Belly Ball and happens upon Rainshine Meadows, a once beautiful place which is now in a state of despair and negligence. He tries to clean it up himself, but fails. However, thanks to his strong persistence prior to giving up, the other Care Bears soon take notice of the meadows too, and with their help, Rainshine Meadows is restored to its former state of beauty.Oopsy The Hero: Oopsy laments that he feels like he needs more attention. However, when his clumsiness saves Cheer and Harmony from a falling sign, he becomes a town hero.
|9||"All You Need Is... / Gobblebugs"||November 10, 2007|
All You Need Is...: Due to a slip-up, a bottle of love perfume belonging to Grizzle, which causes anyone who sniffs the scent of the wearer to fall madly in love with the wearer of the perfume, ends up with Oopsy. Oopsy uses the perfume, which makes everyone in Care-a-Lot fall heads over heels with him.Gobblebugs: A swarm of destructive insects called "gobblebugs" have descended upon Care-a-Lot. Cheer and Oopsy save the day and chases the Gobblebugs away.
|10||"Grizzle-ized / Share and Share Alike"||November 17, 2007|
Grizzle-ized: Grizzle has invented a new invention called the "Grizzle-ator," which he intends to use to turn all of Care-a-Lot into a replica of his lair. He needs, however, a bear to deliver it into Care-a-Lot without anyone suspecting what it really is. He decides to trick Oopsy into delivering it, but Oopsy keeps having oopsies with it, forcing him to make protective modifications that ultimately render it inoperable.Share and Share Alike: Share Bear has been growing special plants in her garden to make "Rootbear", a special root-beer that allows the bears to float into the sky. However, when she makes the drink, she finds that there isn't enough for her.
|11||"Dare Bears / Battle of the Bands"||Larry Houston||November 24, 2007|
Dare Bears: After trying out Grumpy's new "bouncy boots" invention, Tenderheart and Funshine want more ways to have fun and decide to start taking dares. At first, they just seem to be harmless fun, but they soon find that they're frightened by what they're asking each other to do. As they try to outdare each other, their tricks lead to greater and greater trouble.Battle of the Bands: Grizzle turns to cross-dressing in his most outrageous plan yet. When Harmony, Cheer, True Heart and Share form a band, their playing disturbs Grizzle's sleep. He dons a wig and lipstick and becomes Busybody Bear, allegedly having come to Care-a-Lot to pay a visit to an old friend. Under this guise, he begins spreading rumors that the various members of the band are saying nasty things about each other.
|12||"Re-Booted / Flower Power"||Larry Houston||December 1, 2007|
Re-Booted: A robot that Grizzle creates kicks the villain out of his lair. When he tells Big Brain that caring doesn't compute, she kicks him out for caring about taking over Care-a-Lot, and his mechanized suit gets left behind. The Care Bears stare him down and then make him a new suit covered in rainbows, hearts, stars and suns. Together, they teach Grizzle about caring and he even joins in a game of hide-and-seek. Later, they send Wingnut to ask Big Brain to allow Grizzle back in his lair, but he rejects him. The Care Bears are unaware of this because they're still reforming Grizzle. Big Brain is still implementing the plan to take over Care-a-Lot and make it into an extension of Grizzle's lair, but the Care Bears stop Big Brain and Big Brain is destroyed.Flower Power: Share has grown some lovely flowers and wants to share them with all of the Care Bears. Just then, the nimbits Tweazle and Bumpity arrive. They decide to create a special rain to increase the flowers' power and enhance everyone's appreciation of them, but none of them realize that they've accidentally created a flurry of jealousy. Everyone is convinced they will be the best and prettiest Care Bears if they can have more of Share's flowers.
|13||"Two of a Kind / Stand Up and Cheer"||Larry Houston, Davis Doi||December 8, 2007|
Two of a Kind: Grumpy is having a problem with a new machine and agrees to let his friends help. When it seems like they're just getting in his way, however, he unceremoniously tosses them out of his workshop. He instead turns to another machine, creating duplicates of himself, only to find that they're too busy arguing to help him at all. Tossed out of his own workshop, Grumpy finds himself turning to those whose help he shunned before.Stand Up and Cheer: Noticing how talented the Care Bears all are, Cheer decides to hold a talent show. Soon, everyone is getting together great acts, and even Grizzle puts together one, though his act is part of another scheme to take over Care-a-lot. Meanwhile, Cheer helps everyone with their acts, but has trouble coming up with a performance of her own.
|#||Title||Director||Writer||Original air date|
|14||"True Heart's Big Trip / Bumbleberry Jammed"||September 13, 2008|
True Heart's Big Trip: True Heart trips and is teased.Bumbleberry Jammed: Grumpy finds a special Bumbleberry bush and refuses to share.
|15||"Desperately Seeking Mr. Beaks / Good Knight Bedtime"||September 20, 2008|
Desperately Seeking Mr. Beaks: When Grizzle loses Mr. Beaks, he leaps to the worst conclusion that his pal has been stolen by the Care Bears. The Care Bears don't agree with his conclusion, but agree to help anyway. Funshine and Love-a-Lot decide to play detective and are soon giving everyone in Care-a-Lot the third degree. Meanwhile, Oopsy and Grumpy work on their own plan to help Grizzle.Good Knight Bedtime: When Grizzle invents a "dream scheme machine," not even the Care Bears' nocturnal slumberings are safe from his evil designs. At first, the device is set only to low power, but when Grizzle cranks it all the way, the Care Bears find themselves trapped in a giant nightmare world. With help from the others, Bedtime manages to resist the machine's effects; he's always dreamed of being a brave knight, but must summon real courage to try to foil Grizzle's plot.
|16||"Bumpity & Tweazle / Here Comes McKenna"||September 27, 2008|
Bumpity & Tweazle: As the Care Bears start their annual spring cleaning, Oopsy finds himself bothered by an odd problem: he thinks that he's seeing duplicates of his friends. The "duplicates" turn out to be Bumpity and Tweazle, shape-shifting clouds called nimbits who weren't sure how to fit into Care-a-Lot. The Care Bears try their best to make them feel welcome.Here Comes McKenna: The Care Bears have been trying to help a girl named McKenna, but find her to be a tough case. They decide to transport her to Care-a-Lot in the hope of teaching her more about sharing and caring. Once there, McKenna starts to act reformed, but secretly hatches her own plan. Then, Grizzle shows up with a new version of his Care-taker device, forcing McKenna to make a tough decision.
|17||"Surprise Day / Tempus Fugit"||October 4, 2008|
Surprise Day: On Surprise Day, Harmony Bear is unnerved because it's her least favorite holiday. Though the other Care Bears all love surprising their friends and getting surprised on the holiday, Harmony feels jittery about all the unexpected things happening. When Share gives her a surprise, she lashes out and then shuts herself inside. The Care Bears work together to help her see that surprises can be fun.Tempus Fugit: The Care Bears are so busy with work that they haven't had much time for play lately. When they all politely decline Bumpity and Tweazles' invitation to join in games, Bumpity and Tweazle look for a way to speed up their work. They tamper with the Care-a-Lot clock to make it go much faster than normal, but this leads to unexpected consequences.
|18||"Whose Friend Is Who? / Present and Accounted For"||October 11, 2008|
Whose Friend Is Who?: McKenna makes another appearance in Care-a-Lot. Upon arrival she helps Cheer, Harmony and Love-a-Lot with a big project. Grumpy, Funshine, and Oopsy are left out of the project making them jealous. They decide to start their own project, leaving the girls out. McKenna is caught in the middle of a veritable boys club vs. girls club forcing her to try to reconcile the two groups.Present and Accounted For: Care-a-Lot celebrates Love-a-Lot's birthday, and Cheer plans a big gift-basket surprise for Love-a-Lot, but the gifts are mysteriously stolen. Love-a-Lot is frustrated at Cheer for forgetting about her birthday, while Cheer thinks Love-a-Lot ungratefully took the basket without showing appreciation. The two are forced to trust each other and discover the facts before jumping to conclusions.
|19||"Harmony Unplugged / King of the Gobblebugs"||October 18, 2008|
Harmony Unplugged: Harmony has the most lovely voice in Care-a-Lot, but when True Heart plans a big concert for Harmony to sing, all the extra attention begins to go to Harmony's head. Now, True Heart must deal with an unruly and ungrateful friend, and hope to correct the misdeeds of the monster she created.King of the Gobblebugs: As the Care Bears sit around the campfire telling war stories, it comes to Oopsy's turn, and he cannot think of anything as good as anyone else's. Oopsy decides to tell a tale that is a bit taller than all of the other Care Bears, telling of an encounter he had in Rainshine Meadows with a giant Gobblebug as big as him. The only problem is that the other Care Bears took him seriously. Now, Oopsy has to figure out how to smooth out the mass panic and apprehension he has created.
|20||"Night Shift / No Snow Day"||October 25, 2008|
Night Shift: Bedtime allows Funshine, Tenderheart and Oopsy to accompany him on a typical work shift, which includes helping Hugs and Tugs get to sleep and keep everyone's dreams running smoothly.No Snow Day: Bumpity and Tweazle try to create winter conditions to allow the Care Bears and McKenna to enjoy winter activities, but they accidentally create No Snow, an opposite form of snow that can invert one's attitude (positive to negative and vice versa).
|21||"Belly Blanked / All Give & No Take"||November 1, 2008|
Belly Blanked: Grizzle has created another device to steal the Care Bears belly badges and uses it on Funshine.All Give & No Take: McKenna is taught about the joys of giving, and Grizzle gives the Care Bears a gift and invites them to his lair for a larger gift--one he intends to use to trap them.
|22||"Luck 'O Oopsy / Rudemate"||November 8, 2008|
Luck 'O Oopsy: After several mishaps while preparing for a race, Oopsy believes himself to be bad luck until he receives a clover from Good Luck.Rudemate: McKenna is invited to stay in Care-a-Lot for a while, but she's not the best house guest. After trashing the homes of both Tenderheart and Love-a-Lot, they and Grumpy decide to build a house for her to help her learn the importance of respecting property.
|23||"Tour de Farce / Bad News"||November 15, 2008|
Tour de Farce: McKenna and the other Care Bears help Grumpy get over his fear of riding a bicycle.Bad News: True Heart and Share decide to become full time reporters, and end up on the verge of becoming tabloid reporters.
|24||"Forget It / Gone"||November 22, 2008|
Forget It: Tenderheart gets a new pogo stick from Grumpy and insists on Funshine trying it, despite Funshine's insistence that he's not ready for it. When Funshine breaks the pogo stick, they both blame each other for the problem. While they are arguing, Grizzle uses a "Forget-Me-Ray" to whipe the Care Bears' memories. Tenderheart and Funshine have an opportunity to solve the problem, but they find it difficult to put aside their argument.Gone: McKenna's friend Heather moved away and the Care Bears and the Thunder Whales help her feel better about Heather's absence.
|25||"Broken, Parts I and II"||Davis Doi||Thomas D. Hart||November 29, 2008|
As the Care Bears hold a celebration for Wingnut, Grizzle fumes over the loss of his robotic assistant who has "turned traitor." He's not sure how, but he's determined to make the Care Bears and Wingnut pay. Later on, as Share Bear is teaching Wingnut about caring, an accident happens and Wingnut is broken. The Care Bears turn to Grumpy, but it turns out that Wingnut has a very specific problem. Grumpy notices that Share is wearing a necklace that would be perfect for fixing it. Share, however, doesn't want to part with the necklace, which was given to her by the Care Bears and makes her feel special. She decides, instead, to turn to Grizzle. She feels that since Grizzle made Wingnut, he should be able to fix him. After a failed attempt to capture Share, Grizzle agrees to help fix Wingnut. The Care Bears don't realize, however, that Grizzle's help comes with a price-tag, an added device to put into motion another of his treacherous schemes.Note: This episode is the first of the Grizzle-ly Adventures specials, which were first featured on DVD.
|26||"Emma's Dilemma, Parts I and II"||Davis Doi||Thomas D. Hart||December 6, 2008|
As the Care Bears experience a rash of disappearing personal items, they receive an alert from their Care Bear Transporter. A girl on Earth named Emma is in trouble and needs their help. Her caring quotient has dropped dangerously low after her brother and his friends refused to play with her. The Care Bears decide to bring her to Care-a-Lot, in the hope they can boost her confidence by having her find their lost things. They don't know, however, that they've landed her right in the middle of one of Grizzle's evil plans. Grizzle has been stealing their items in the hopes of finding out what makes them tick. He's now set his sights on actually capturing a Care Bear and analyzing it.Note: This episode is the second of the Grizzle-ly Adventures specials, which were first featured on DVD.
In March 2009, the first Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-lot DVD was released, which was entitled "Cheer There And Everywhere". The DVD featured 8 episodes, all based on getting along with others.
References and footnotes
- Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot TV Show - Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot Television Show - TV.com
- Care Bears - Meet Care Bears
- Care Bears#2007 relaunch
- Episodes Cheer, There and Everywhere" and "Twinklet"
- Episodes "All You Need Is..." and "Gobblebugs"
- as Oopsy said in the episode "All you need is..."
- Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot at the Internet Movie Database
- Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot at TV.com