Careless Love is a 2004 jazz album by American jazz singer Madeleine Peyroux. All the tracks are cover versions, except for "Don't Wait Too Long," which Peyroux co-wrote with Jesse Harris and Larry Klein. It is Peyroux's most critically acclaimed album so far and her song choices were praised . The song "Don't Wait Too Long" was featured in a commercial for Dockers.
- "Dance Me to the End of Love" (Leonard Cohen) - 3:56
- "Don't Wait Too Long" (Madeleine Peyroux–Jesse Harris–Larry Klein) - 3:10
- "Don't Cry Baby" (Saul Bernie–James P. Johnson–Stella Unger) - 3:16
- "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go" (Bob Dylan) - 3:26
- "Between the Bars" (Elliott Smith) - 3:42
- "No More" (Salvador Camerata–Bob Russell) - 3:31
- "Lonesome Road" (Gene Austin–Nathaniel Shilkret) - 3:10
- "J'ai deux amours" (Vincent Scotto–Géorges Koger–Henri Varna) - 2:54
- "Weary Blues" (Hank Williams) - 3:39
- "I'll Look Around" (George Cory–Douglass Cross) - 4:47
- "Careless Love" (William C. Handy–Martha Koenig–Spencer Williams) - 3:50
- "This Is Heaven to Me" (Frank Reardon–Ernest Schweikert) - 3:12
Recorded and mixed by Helik Hadar at Market Street Recording Studios, Venice, Los Angeles, and at Paramount Recording Studios, Hollywood.
Track 12 contains the short motif played by glass harp and glockenspiel from "O Venezia Venaga Venusia" written by Nino Rota as part of the score for Federico Fellini's Casanova.