Careless Love (album)
|Studio album by Madeleine Peyroux|
|Madeleine Peyroux chronology|
Careless Love is a 2004 jazz album by American jazz singer Madeleine Peyroux. All the tracks are cover versions, except for "Don't Wait Too Long," which Peyroux co-wrote with Jesse Harris and Larry Klein. It is Peyroux's most critically acclaimed album so far and her song choices were praised. The song "Don't Wait Too Long" was featured in a commercial for Dockers.
- "Dance Me to the End of Love" (Leonard Cohen) - 3:56
- "Don't Wait Too Long" (Madeleine Peyroux–Jesse Harris–Larry Klein) - 3:10
- "Don't Cry Baby" (Saul Bernie–James P. Johnson–Stella Unger) - 3:16
- "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go" (Bob Dylan) - 3:26
- "Between the Bars" (Elliott Smith) - 3:42
- "No More" (Salvatore Camarata–Bob Russell) - 3:31
- "Lonesome Road" (Gene Austin–Nathaniel Shilkret) - 3:10
- "J'ai deux amours" (Vincent Scotto–Géorges Koger–Henri Varna) - 2:54
- "Weary Blues" (Hank Williams) - 3:39
- "I'll Look Around" (George Cory–Douglass Cross) - 4:47
- "Careless Love" (William C. Handy–Martha Koenig–Spencer Williams) - 3:50
- "This Is Heaven to Me" (Frank Reardon–Ernest Schweikert) - 3:12
- Madeleine Peyroux — vocals, acoustic guitar
- Dean Parks — guitars
- Larry Goldings — piano, Wurlitzer electric piano, Estey Organ, Hammond organ, celeste
- David Piltch — bass
- Jay Bellerose — drums, percussion
- Lee Thornburg — trumpet (tracks 6 and 12)
- Scott Amendola — brushes (track 10)
- "Certifications Albums Or - année 2005". Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique (in French). Disqueenfrance. Archived from the original on 2011-08-29.
- "Bundesverband Musikindustrie: Statistik - Gold-/Platin-Datenbank: Jazz Award - Madeleine Peyroux - Careless Love" (in German). IFPI Germany (Bundesverband Musikindustrie). 2004.
- "Certified Awards Search: MADELEINE PEYROUX - CARELESS LOVE". British Phonographic Industry. September 9, 2005. Archived from the original on 2010-01-17.
- "Gold & Platinum - Searchable Database: Madeleine peyroux - Careless Love". Recording Industry Association of America. December 7, 2009.