This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Medical and dental imaging and information technology solutions; contract manufacturer/tollcoating; advance materials; and non-destructive testing (NDT) products|
|Headquarters||Rochester, New York, USA|
Kevin Hobert, CEO|
David Westgate, Esq., General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
|Revenue||$2.4 Billion USD (2014)|
Number of employees
In 2007, Kodak Health Group was sold to Onex Corporation for $2.35 billion in cash, and up to $200 million in additional future payments if Onex achieved specified returns on the acquisition. Around 8,100 employees transferred to Onex, and Kodak Health Group was renamed Carestream Health. Prior to the sale, Kodak Health Group had revenue of $2.54 billion for the 12 months to 30 September 2006.
On April 13, 2017, Carestream Health announced an agreement to sell its Dental Digital business to private equity firms Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and the Hillhouse Capital Management group, part of CareCapital Advisors Limited.
According to the announcement, the new independent company will be named Carestream Dental. Carestream Dental provides imaging systems and practice management software for general and specialist dental practices globally, has earned leading positions in attractive, high-growth, oral healthcare markets and is well positioned for continued growth and success. The dental X-ray film and anesthetics business are not included in the agreement and will remain with Carestream Health.
Products include: laser printers with dry film technology, DryView laser imaging film, computed radiography systems, digital radiography systems, picture archiving and communications systems, systems for mammography and other imaging solutions for the medical and dental imaging fields. Carestream Health owns more than 800 patents for medical and dental imaging and information technology. Digital imaging technologies include the DRX1 series which allows a wireless connection between detector and computer system (whether part of their static system or a mobile/portable radiography system).
Medical and Dental Products
- Radiology department products for X-ray products and digital image processing , including: Digital radiography rooms and mobile/portable X-ray for general X-ray; Computed Radiography for general X-ray and mammographyapplications; Cone beam computed tomography for panoramic and cephalometric applications; and X-ray film for general and mammography applications.
- Medical printing products , including: Laser printers using dry film technology; and Managed Print Services.
- Healthcare IT products, including: Radiology information system (RIS); Picture archiving and communication system (PACS), including mammography and cardiology applications; and Vendor Neutral Archives (VNA).
- Dental Products, including: Dental restoration offerings; CAD/CAM for orthodontics; Digital imaging including scanners and cameras; Dental software such as practice management software; Cone beam computed tomography for panoramic and Cephalometric analysis applications; X-ray film and anesthetic products.
- Contract manufacturer / Tollcoating offerings, including coating; pilot coating and development; hardcoating; PET manufacturing; TPU film manufacturing; solution preparation and delivery; analytical and quality testing; and converting and packaging.
- Advanced Materials, including Flexx  technology and research for the precision films and electronics markets.
- Non Destructive Testing Products, including: Computed Radiography and X-ray film.
- "Kodak to Sell Health Group to Onex for up to $2.55 billion". Eastman Kodak. 10 January 2007. Archived from the original on 13 October 2007. Retrieved 7 January 2008.
- "Kodak Completes Sale of Health Group to Onex". Eastman Kodak. 1 May 2007. Archived from the original on 13 October 2007. Retrieved 7 January 2008.
- "Carestream Agrees to Sell Dental Digital Business to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Hillhouse/CareCapital". www.carestream.com. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Lahman: Carestream our best kept secret". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. 23 January 2015.
- "Mobile X-Ray - DRX-Mobile Retrofit Kits - Carestream".
- "Wireless Detector - DRX-1 System - Carestream".
- "Medical Imaging - Healthcare Information Technology - Carestream".
- "Medical Printing Systems - Medical Laser Imagers - Carestream". www.carestream.com.
- "Print on Demand for Healthcare - Managed Print Solutions - Carestream Health". www.carestream.com.
- "Radiology, News, Education, Service".
- "Carestream Dental".
- "Carestream Contract Manufacturing". Tollcoating by Carestream.
- "FLEXX Film Products for OLED Displays, Flexible Electronics & More - Carestream Advanced Materials".
- "Non-Destructive Testing - Radiographic Testing - Carestream". www.carestream.com.