|Elevation||2,280 ft (690 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|Area code(s)||208, 986|
|GNIS feature ID||396235|
Careywood is an unincorporated community in Bonner County, Idaho, United States. Careywood is located on U.S. Route 95 6.5 miles (10.5 km) north-northeast of Athol. Careywood has a post office with ZIP code 83809.
Originally known as Severance, the town was renamed Careywood after a man named Carey from Spokane who bought land in the area. At the time, Careywood was involved in the logging industry. Caryewood's population was 25 in 1960.
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Careywood has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Careywood, Idaho
- ZIP Code Lookup Archived June 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Dahl, James Carl (1969). Place names of Bonner County, Idaho (M.A.). University of Idaho. p. 23. OCLC 41685795.
- World Book Encyclopedia. Vol. I. Field Enterprises Corporation. 1960. p. 27.
- Climate Summary for Careywood, Idaho