Carfin railway station
|Scottish Gaelic: An Càrm Fionn|
|Local authority||North Lanarkshire|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|?||Opened as Carfin Halt|
|1 December 1930||Closed|
|16 May 1983||Renamed|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Carfin from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Carfin railway station is a railway station serving both Carfin and Newarthill in North Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is 14 miles (22 km) southeast of Glasgow Central railway station on the Shotts Line between Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Like the following stop on the Shotts Line - Holytown - the location of the station is ambiguous, since it is situated between Carfin and Newarthill, although closer to a housing estate which is classed as being in Newarthill.
Trains from Carfin station provides an hourly service to the heart of Glasgow, stopping along the way at Holytown, Bellshill and Uddingston. Cambuslang is only served at peak times (and has been since December 213), whilst there is a single evening train to Motherwell. In the opposite direction there is also an hourly service, calling at all stations except Breich en route to Edinburgh. A 2 hourly service runs on Sundays.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|OMOA||Cleland and Midcalder Line
Line and station closed
|Wishaw and Coltness Railway
Cleland and Midcalder Line
- Brailsford, Martyn, ed. (December 2017) . Railway Track Diagrams 1: Scotland & Isle of Man (6th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. ISBN 978-0-9549866-9-8.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- RAILSCOT on Cleland and Midcalder Line
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carfin railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Carfin railway station from National Rail
- Carfin station video history
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|