|AOC #||Canada: 11674|
United States: W29F899F
|Parent company||Cargojet Inc.|
|Headquarters||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
Cargojet Inc. (TSX: CJT) is a scheduled cargo airline based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It operates cargo services in Canada and internationally, as well as full aircraft charters. Its main base is John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport. Cargojet is a public company with over 1200 employees.
The airline was established on 21 February 2002 and started operations in June 2002. It was formerly Canada 3000 Cargo. Ajay Virmani initially acquired 50% of Canada 3000 Cargo in July 2001 and bought the remaining half in February 2002. He is the Chief Executive and President of the airline. The name change to Cargojet came into effect on 22 February 2002. In July 2002 it acquired Winnport Logistics.
On 17 July 2007 Cargojet acquired the Georgian Express cargo operations. The regional operation will operate under the name Cargojet Regional. When acquired, Georgian Express operated three Beechcraft 1900 freighter and four Cessna 208 Caravan freighter aircraft.
In May 2019, CargoJet announced a partnership with Canadian rapper Drake, naming him an ambassador to the brand and procuring him a custom Boeing 767 commercial airliner converted to serve as his private jet.
|Boeing 757-200PCF||8||Payload 80,000 lb (36,000 kg)|
|Boeing 767-200ER/BDSF||3||Payload 100,000 lb (45,000 kg),|
|Boeing 767-300ER/BDSF||13||Payload 127,000 lb (58,000 kg)|
- Transport Canada (2019-09-08), Civil Aviation Services (CAS) AOC. wwwapps.tc.gc.ca.
- "Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Certificate Information - Detail View". av-info.faa.gov. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for CargoJet". Transport Canada. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Cargojet appoints Jim Crane as chairman of the board". The Stat Trade Times. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Locations:: Hamiltion". Cargojet. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Cargojet Acquires The Cargo Assets of Georgian Express Ltd. Press Release July 15, 2007". Cargojet.com. 17 July 2007. Archived from the original on 8 February 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Take a closer look inside Drake's new private jet
- Cargojet Announces Partnership With Drake
- B757-200ER Technical Specifications
- B767-200ER Technical Specifications
- B767-300ER Technical Specifications
Media related to Cargojet Airways at Wikimedia Commons