Guaiquerí-class patrol boat
|Builders:||Navantia, Cadiz, Puerto Real Yard|
|Operators:||Bolivarian Armada of Venezuela|
|Length:||99 m (325 ft)|
|Beam:||13.6 m (45 ft)|
|Draught:||7.2 m (24 ft)|
|Draft:||3.8 m (12 ft)|
|Range:||3,500 nmi (6,500 km; 4,000 mi) at 18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph)|
|Complement:||60 + 32|
|Aviation facilities:||Flight deck, hangar|
The Guaiquerí-class patrol vessels (Avante 2200 Combatant) are a class of ocean patrol vessels or POVZEE (Spanish: Patrullero Oceánico de Vigilancia de la Zona Económica Exclusiva) in Venezuelan Navy service. The lead ship were originally intended to have the pennant F-31 and name of Guaicaipuro but has since been renumbered.
The POVZEE vessels feature stealth technology with reduced radar and infrared signatures as well as special design to minimize the propulsion system's noise emissions and vibrations. An aft hangar and flight deck enables operation of a single rotary-wing aircraft. The ship carries two small semi-rigid boats RHIB for rescue and transport purposes.
On 3 August 2012, Warao grounded on a reef off Fortaleza, Brazil when arriving for the joint exercise "VenBras-2012" with the Brazilian Navy. She was assisted by sister Kariña and refloated by Brazilian tugboats. The hull and propulsion system were heavily damaged and it was decided to repair her in Brazil with assistance from Navantia. In March 2013 she arrived at the naval dockyard at Rio de Janeiro aboard Dutch heavy-lift dock Rolldock Sea.
On 31 March 2016, the accidental discharge of a cannon on Guaiquerí left at least one dead and several injured.
Ships of class
|Guaiquerí||PC-21||11 September 2008||24 June 2009||14 April 2011|
|Warao||PC-22||12 May 2009||3 November 2009||August 2011|
|Yekuana||PC-23||22 September 2009||1 March 2010||9 December 2011|
|Kariña||PC-24||17 February 2010||N/A||January 2012|
- "Wartsila Propulsion Solutions for OPVs" (PDF).
- "Navantia launches first Venezuelan OPV".
- "Navio de guerra venezuelano encalha no litoral de Fortaleza". Tribuna Hoje, Maceió AL (in Portuguese). 3 August 2012.
- "El patrullero oceánico Warao (PC-22) de la Armada de Venezuela será reparado en Brasil". infodefense.com (in Spanish). 9 January 2013.
- "El patrullero oceánico Warao de la Armada de Venezuela arriba a Río de Janeiro para su eventual reparación". infodefense.com (in Spanish). 7 March 2013.
- http://www.notiactual.com/explosion-buque-patrullero-oceanico-ab-guaiqueri-po-11-la-base-naval-puerto-cabello-deja-muerto-seis-heridos/. Missing or empty
-  Navantia entrega a la Armada venezolana el primer Patrullero Oceánico de Vigilancia