Location of Caribou in Plumas County, California.
|• Total||0.161 sq mi (0.42 km2)|
|• Land||0.161 sq mi (0.42 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||3,287 ft (1,002 m)|
|• Density||0/sq mi (0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature IDs||1658222; 2407962|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Caribou, California; U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Caribou, California|
Caribou (formerly Cariboo) is a census-designated place located in Plumas County, California, United States. As of the 2010 Census, the town had a population of 0. Caribou is located on the North Fork Feather River, 9.5 miles (15.3 km) south of Almanor. The closest communities are Belden to the southwest, Twain to the southeast, Canyondam to the north, and Greenville to the east.
Caribou is located at 40°4'48" North, 121°9'27" West (40.079929, -121.157397).
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the 2010 Census, there are no people living in the town. According to the US Census data, there are only two buildings in the community, both of them listed as "Vacant housing units" and "For seasonal, recreational, or occasional use".
- Bureau, US Census. "Geography Program". www.census.gov. Archived from the original on July 2, 2012. Retrieved July 19, 2019.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 362. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Caribou, California
- "2010 Census P.L. 94-171 Summary File Data". United States Census Bureau.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Bureau, U. S. Census. "American FactFinder - Results". factfinder.census.gov. Archived from the original on November 3, 2017. Retrieved July 19, 2019.